• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Home and banded

Gnomes

I'm home now, I cannot believe just how tired I feel, I keep dropping off and having little naps.

I'm slightly worried about how little I am drinking, I'm aiming to drink 1L of water but I cannot even get half of this down, let alone anything else, (I've tried soup and yogurt)

Am I trying too hard too quickly? Should I just get down what I can and build up to more when I can?

Thanks all

cant help you with what to eat im afraid, but congrats on your op :) xxx

Welcome home and congratulations on your band...

My operation is on Tuesday 17th April 2012 - I cant wait till its done and dusted....

I think everyone is different with drinking/eating after the band is in place....read some of the advice given....x

Gnomes said:
I'm home now, I cannot believe just how tired I feel, I keep dropping off and having little naps.

I'm slightly worried about how little I am drinking, I'm aiming to drink 1L of water but I cannot even get half of this down, let alone anything else, (I've tried soup and yogurt)

Am I trying too hard too quickly? Should I just get down what I can and build up to more when I can?

Thanks all

I had mine yesterday and feel exactly the same - i came home at 9 and only just woke up - I just managed a yoghurt - didn't really need it but thought I better and have had half a pint of squash , the thought of having any more is just like blerr - I look forward to the responses from the other banders xx

Hello and well done on being banded. Dropping off and keep napping I did that too , I slept when I wanted when was recovery so that's normal. Drink little and often and try not to drink too much in one go, I varied my liquids in flavour so it didnt become too boring or tedious. Your not trying too hard too soon , try not too fret ( hard I know) just follow your providers guidelines and you be fine , Need to know anything just post on here and a bander is not usually too far away to help ease your worries. Wishing you all the best and speedy recovery - Julie x

How is it going? Are you managing more fluids now? It just takes time to heal so relax- you'll be fine xx

Thanks for asking Mrs Pill,
I'm doing ok, fluids a little low for my liking and going by the hospitals guidelines, but I'll get there.
It's the pain in my side and chest, that worries me now and it seems to get worse in the evening.

I'm just not sure what's normal or what I really should be worried about??!!

Well, you have had surgery! It's never going to be pain free but if you're really worried phone your provider. It sort of depends how bad it is and if the painkillers work or not. Take it easy Xx keep sipping!

Gnomes said:
Thanks for asking Mrs Pill,
I'm doing ok, fluids a little low for my liking and going by the hospitals guidelines, but I'll get there.
It's the pain in my side and chest, that worries me now and it seems to get worse in the evening.

I'm just not sure what's normal or what I really should be worried about??!!

If you can pay your chest like winding a baby that's helped mine a lot xxx

Hi Gnomes,

Glad to see you had your op at last and you are on the losers bench. Hope your pains ease over the next few days.

Best wishes,
x

Don't worry so much about intake as for the first week you won't fancy eating or drinking....I only had bits if I fancied it otherwise didn't bother and certainly didn't have a target of what to drink daily. Afterall you've just had major surgery...your body will bounce back all in good time when it's ready!

Back