• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 days post-op

P5ARE

Hi - I'm new to this site, only just found it. I had a gastric bypass on Friday. I feel great, but worried that I haven't got all of the 'full feelings' after eating only 1-2 table spoons of food. I am sticking to the food allowances from each food group explained on the leaflet given to me by the hospital. I am pureeing food but it doesn't seem to be 'sloppy' more a really smooth mashed consistency, will I be doing any harm? I am struggling to drink the recommended amount of fluids each day although I am increasing day by day. Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Hey congrats to you, you won't feel full until you start on thicker food (mashed stage onwards) so don't worry, work hard to keep your fluids up and it will all fall into place try mash potato with gravy or a white sauce for something a little thicker, yoghurts etc are good too xx

Just wanted to welcome you to the site i cant help you with your dilema as I am waiting for my bypass on the 2nd April. Glad you feeling well gives me hope that i will have a speedy recovery.

Thanks guys, can't wait for it all to fall into place I feel a little obsessive about it all at the moment. Good luck with your op! x

I'm afraid I'm pre-op so can't help but wish you lots of luck - I'm sure you'll do gr8!

Can I ask when you went on the waiting list? I'm waiting for a sleeve at Sunderland - hopefully in April or May?!? X

Hi - I had my bypass in Sunderland. I'm sure my initial appointment (seminar) was about Sept 2009 I then had a consultant appointment about Feb 2010, I then found out I was pregnant so was unable to continue, spoke to my GP who requested I was put on hold so my journey started again Sept/Oct 2011 when I had another consultant appointment and it was agreed I would be listed if I lost weight as I put a fair bit on during pregnancy. I had an appointment for the camera down about Nov/Dec 2011 and it was confirmed that I had been put on the list. I then got a phone call towards then end of Feb 2012 offering me a cancellation for 9th March 2012. I feel fantastic, slightly obsessive but defiantly think it's worth the wait......
How long have you been waiting? x

Glad they didn't make too long after having your baby hun.

I went to the seminar in Jan '11 and had my endo in Dec. I was told about 3-4 months which looks about right if you had your endo in Nov/Dec and op in March so fingers crossed!

I have been obsessive since I started the whole wls process. Hopefully it means we'll be successful? X

Yeah deffo! loads of luck with your op, hopefully you'll not be waiting much longer! Do you know anything about or attend the support group in Sunderland? I'm trying to find out more about it x

Thanks hun.

There's a thread on here for the srh support group - its under wls meetings and support groups. The next one is 29th March between 6 and 8pm in the education centre. I don't attend as its a bit far to get to but there a few on here who go - its ran by justliz xxx

Hiya dont worry too much bout the full feeling yet I dont think I was full till I went onto normal foods wk 5/6 lol. I found the blended foods stage horrid and cudnt enjoy it nor feel full I cud eat half tin tomato soup straight off but now my eating is pathetic can hardlys eat anything and am full.

I had my op done in Sunderland also :) x

That's good to know I was starting to think I wasn't normal haha! My mouth tastes and feels horrible all of the time but I think that's cos I'm not drinking enough water. When did you have your op? x

I had my bypass op in November, I think initially we all stress cause we think we shud constantly be full and never feel hungry then when we do feel hungry we worry the bypass isnt gonna work for us. But you will see it changes loads when ur on normal foods x

That's good to know, I don't know anyone who has had a bypass that's why I joined this site for a bit of support and advise - so thank you very much. How have you found it since having your op have you lost loads? x

I did struggle with head hunger in the early day which was hard and withdrawls for fizzy pop this was my weakness b4 my op. Since my op and inc the 10 day pre op I've lost 5st 5lb my op was 15th november. I love my bypass and av had no problems at all.

Ask away anything u wanna no or anything I mite be able to help u with x

That's what I'm missing the most I used to drink about 2 litres plus each day. I'm also missing bread but I just keep saying to myself it's not worth the side effects. I've not felt my best this morning pains in my stomach and diahorra (cant spell and dont mean to be graphic) but I haven't eaten anything since last night so I don't know what that's all about. Wow that's a great weight loss! Can't wait til I start losing. I've also joined the SRH support group on facebook and that seems really friendly and supportive - I'm obsessed with my bypass at the moment haha ;) xx

I recovered really quickly frommy bypass op in August last year. I was 1st down on the morning and came back to ward at 12.40 by 5 I was up at the toilet and took off my op gown and put on clean nighty ready for visitors. Never looked back from there on in. Still don't feel hungry but feel bit light headed or queasy when i have gone longer than i need to without food other than that only problem was constipation but has always been bit of an issue am fine now and lost 5 stone 1lb since then gone from 30=32 dress size to 20=22 marvellous xx

chrisa said:
I recovered really quickly frommy bypass op in August last year. I was 1st down on the morning and came back to ward at 12.40 by 5 I was up at the toilet and took off my op gown and put on clean nighty ready for visitors. Never looked back from there on in. Still don't feel hungry but feel bit light headed or queasy when i have gone longer than i need to without food other than that only problem was constipation but has always been bit of an issue am fine now and lost 5 stone 1lb since then gone from 30=32 dress size to 20=22 marvellous xx

I hope it goes so smoothly for me :) And well done on your loss! Xxx

Chrisa - it's great to hear stories like yours makes it all seem worth while! I feel great and have done since I had the op, not so keen on the puréed food but keep telling myself it's not forever! Good luck with your journey! x

Last edited:
Denise - lucky you being in a side room how did u manage that? the ward was so noisy, more doctors came to see patients during the night than during the day. Did u have a bypass to? How u feeling? Enjoying your gallons of water and sloppy food? good luck with your weight loss :) x

Back