• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Follow up from Doctors app

PurpleKylie22

Well, I just got back from the doctors and I explained I have had weight issues since I was 12, I have tried various diets, I have been on Oralistat and I want a gastric bypass.
She understood me completely, she didnt make me feel like a fat cow who cant be bothered trying. and... I have been referred to the hospital weight managment programme. she said they are the ones who would refer me for surgery e.t.c and they are my next step.
Its the only NICE guideline that I didnt meet, so Im happy enough, she said it would take around 8-12 weeks to hear from them. She said given my weight and my age I would be an ideal candidate so I am hoping for the best, a little worried its all just a giant round about especially given my area guidelines say BMI of 60+ for surgery and mine is 50.5 at the doctors, 51 according to online but I am hopeful :)

Good luck hun, wishing you all the best :) xxx

Fingers crossed. x

Thank you all!
Has anyone been on one of these programmes before to tell me what it is like?

Good luck!

Well it seems to have gone pretty well :D Good for you, now comes the hard part.....wait......wait and wait some more :D Good luck X

Back