• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Following on from Oh No...Here we go....

emmarfrost

Why are we not allowed bread, I know it swells up and stuff, but is that the only reason?

Some people can tolerate wholemeal bread but white bread just forms a hard clump that sits there and causes pain. Marion xx

Ah ha, so if we can tolerate it, thats ok- but generally people can't, is that right?
I dont want to do any damage to my band you see, but I could kill a piece of toast now and again xxx

Thin toast should be ok if you make it quite crunchy and chew it well. Thick toast can still be a bit doughy inside.....?

I've not been tempted by bread until a couple of days ago when Hubby bought some uncut Tiger bread, which I usually don't like the taste of, but the smell was heavenly.....aaaah, just to have some with jam on would do me :eek:

liking your new pic Emma x

Hi Emma, I can eat wholemeal bread if I really chew but white bread is a definite NO NO. I found this out while on holiday and thought I was having a heart attack. The pain was so severe I thought I was going to die. White bread should have a health warning sign on it now lol

bread is to doughy it sits in the band hole like a lump of play doh even if chewed well, toasting it drys it out and is ok with beans at a push, for me personally its not worth it as if it gets stuck thers to much wretching and that challanges the band regarding slippages ect so on a personal choice and dieticians advice i dont have it x

Why are we not allowed bread, I know it swells up and stuff, but is that the only reason?

Hiya emma, i have 1 slice of well toasted nimble wholemeal bread with a soft boilde egg from time to time also low fat cheese on a slice of toasted nimble and i am okay with it. Word of warning though if you do try bread or toast take it very slowly. janey:D

Elfin like- thanks lol.
Cheers for all your advice ladies re:bread- i think I will add it to my list of no goes, I have not payed 5k, to slip my band over a piece of Warburtons and butter ;) :D

Lots of thanks for the advice on my other thread too xx

Back