• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

food and vitamins

ccotton

can anyone tell me what food and vitamin are best and where to purchased them right after the surgery please

You can ask your GP for forceval on prescription which is a high dose multi vitamin and mineral. Foodwise it depends what surgery you're having but your consultants team or surgical provider should give you written details of what you can eat and when post op.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I agree you will have to do what your team tells you.

If you can post what op you are having and where you live or are having your op - in your profile - someone might be able to be more specific for you.

Another thing - don't get too much in , in advance because your tastes change so post-op - can even do so after the liver reducing diet

Hope all goes well for you

xxx

Your team should arrange prescriptions for Forceval, Calcium, Iron and an anti-acid.

You may find in the first few weeks it will be difficult to swallow your tabs so some of them will be prescribed as soluble or chewable. Your Forceval isn't so get yourself some Bassett's soft'n'Chewy vitamins.

You may also want to get 'Solvazinc', some Silica Complex, Biotin (for hair, available from Puritan's pride), protein powder to make up shakes (I'd recommend the Myprotein site - they do sachets of all the flavours in the whey range)

I lived on home-made soup for the first few weeks and make sure you have some sugar-free jellies and plenty of different s.f squashes as you really need to get in plenty of fluids.

Good luck!

Back