• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

food

ccotton

can anyone tell me what food would really accommodate this surgery(bypass), the protein shakes is not doing it for me, the thin mash potatoes please help and i feel so depressed is this normal im doing really well no pain unless i lay on one side to long i even tried a taste of pasta but im not gonna hurt my self so can anyone please give me a tab of advice

Good to hear from you and likewise I only felt pain on the side so I propped a pillow at my side to help stop me from rolling over in bed and that helped.

There are various teas, and oxo, plus I also had a very weak options hot chocolate early on made with water....

Confirm with your team what their recommended time limits are for liquids, puree stages and work with that guidance...

We have a daily dairy (Keeley's daily menu thread and recent bypassers are posting their daily menu's in there if it would help you).

If your doubting whether you are getting your correct amount of fluids... just keep writing everything down and keep a daily diary... I kept a dairy of everything inc... going to the loo, so I could work out how things were going and discuss it with my bariatric team... they are always there for you to call them...

It's normal to feel very low following major surgery and the hormones in the tum have all been very disturbed too so it takes a while for everything to settle and ease away.

Wishing you a better day tomorrow and if you can sip water as well, it's a good thing for helping you through at this stage... keep on chugging love, we've all felt the way you are feeling and it's a huge operation... so it's very understandable. Love and hugs xxx

Back