• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food on the move

coogee

Hi all... Just wondering if any of the more experienced sleevers have any ideas for me.

Today I travelled an hour to visit friends who don't know about my sleeve. I am on the last couple of days on liquids then moving to puréed. I had something before I left but would normally have soup for lunch which obviously I couldn't have. If I don't have something every couple of hours I find myself 'spacing out' and getting light headed. Just wondering if any of you carried something in your bag for emergencies during the early days or have any ideas of food on the move.

Thanks a million! X

I still carry 2 dairylea triangles in my bag incase I'm out longer than I thought I'd be, no good for liquid diets but handy for a bit later on :)

not at that stage yet but would a milky coffee help? I'm still on pre-op & it helps

congrats on your new sleeve by the way :)

Dairylea triangles are a good idea!

A milky coffee is actually what I got today, I stopped at the services for one.

Perhaps I just need to be more organised... Purées in 2 more days, whoop!!!

I take either a protein shake or homemade smoothie just tell people your being good, slim fast is just as good too x

Not any good for now but I always carry a bag of Nakd fruit and nut bits, great for an energy boost and 100% natural ingredients with no added sugars.

take some protein powder in a baggie with you, or some marvel. Then you can buy a milky coffee or a water wherever you are, shake it or mix it and you've got something to keep you going.

Hi I carry a bottle of slim fast in my bag no-one asks anything as they just assume I am following yet another diet .....

Back