• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food post bypass...

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
Gosh - im soon to have a massive operation, but im still so naive about what will happen after.

I just read that post about someone having a kitkat. Obviously post surgery, you should try to eat healthy but are we allowed some of what we eat now, just in smaller portions. I mean like cakes, chocolate, crisps etc - if our stomachs permit.

What im kinda trying to say is that i wouldnt want to live on "rabbit food" for the rest of my life. I would still like to enjoy things (bad things!) occasionally and obviously in smaller portions.

Am i in the total wrong mindset? :cry:

I have the mindset that if I want something in moderation I have it. If it reacts badly on me (and so far nothing has) I wont have it again. I was a fairly healthy eater prior to surgery just ate far too much. I still have the odd bag of crisps, bits of chocolate (but to be honest I have gone off sweet things)...I dont have sugar free ice lollies and very rarely by low fat as I was told low fat can mean high in surgar. Some people do everything by the book and check the fat content of things but I dont and I am doing well four months after surgery. Others think a little of what they fancy does them good....you will find your level. Before surgery I would say I was 50% for savoury and 50% for sweet. Now its only about 1-2% sweet for me and thats usually around TOTM as I just dont want it. Hope this helps...dont worry it does not change your life beyond recognition...xx

A few people on here say they have a couple of cubes of chocolate now and again and are fine with it. I was thinking a female should have 2000 cals a day to stay the same weight I have about 300cals aday 500 when I remember my fortimel lol so if I had a piece of choc or a bag of crisps would it make that much differance. As of yet I havent fancied anything sweet.

Thanks girls!!

Thats put my mind at ease. Thats why ive never succeeded at a diet, because i like bad things too much!! So im hoping i can have them but in a much more controlled way.

Back