• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass and beyond!!

Blossom84

I thought I'd create a thread to help me keep all my thoughts and questions in one place now that I am post op.

I had my bypass 11.10.16 so still a newbie to surgery and focused weight loss in general if I am completely honest.

So a few things I'd like to share to get people's thoughts/suggestions/experiences:

1. My taste buds are just as sugar happy as they were pre op so have to be mindful but I'm put off going sugar free with everything as I don't like the taste of artificial sweetners or what they are made of... I've certainly cut down my sugar in take but not going the full hundred going to hinder my progress? I now use brown sugar if I use any.

2. I have a job that consists of a lot of daily travel at times and concerned about how I'll cope when I return as I can make awful choices when days get busy just so I get to eat something. Any tips on snacks/meals on the go?

3. How have long term losers managed when they're no longer satisfied on smaller portions?

4. Those who still have a sweet tooth post op how do you curb the craving within reason?