• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

13hrs travelling what food would you suggest?

rosejohnson

Home from the USA :-(
I am looking for some advice.... I am travelling alone on Tuesday and will be flying or on a train or in an airport for approx 13 - 15 hours, and the night before travelling I will be in a hotel, so can't take really fresh food with me.

My eating pattern is going to be pretty horrendous!

Can anyone give me any tips on avoiding eating crap??? When I get too hungry I have a tendency to not make the best choices.

What sort of things can I take with me that will not be horrible from being stored in a bag etc?

I am super-fussy, I don't eat meat, fish, eggs, cheese, mushrooms and obviously nothing sweet.

I am worried about living on crisps and coffee :-(

Thanks for your help!

Rx

I am looking for some advice.... I am travelling alone on Tuesday and will be flying or on a train or in an airport for approx 13 - 15 hours, and the night before travelling I will be in a hotel, so can't take really fresh food with me.

My eating pattern is going to be pretty horrendous!

Can anyone give me any tips on avoiding eating crap??? When I get too hungry I have a tendency to not make the best choices.

What sort of things can I take with me that will not be horrible from being stored in a bag etc?

I am super-fussy, I don't eat meat, fish, eggs, cheese, mushrooms and obviously nothing sweet.

I am worried about living on crisps and coffee :-(

Thanks for your help!

Rx
A food flask with Tripe & Onions in, what more could you ask for? - Hope you have a good trip, Paul x

would suggest soup in a thermos flask...supplement shakes...protein bars

um...mind gone blank lol

The problem with taking soup on a plane is that all liquids have to be in 100ml bottles. I suspect that is a non-starter. I think protein bars are maybe the best solution and rely on getting water on the plane. Don't take too many though as you may find that you can't import food stuffs wherever you are flying to and may need to junk them.

I hope you enjoy your trip. xx

Protein bars (atkins do some nice ones and most Boots carry them), nuts & seeds, some of my oat flapjacks (they travel well), roasted chick peas, low sugar peanut butter & no added sugar jam sandwhiches, carrot sticks, clementines, apples, single serving no-sugar added fruit cups, dried fruit (just check they don't have added sugar), protein powder and a shaker (you can usually buy milk, some ice cubes and shake just it up).

There are probably more choices but that is all I can think of at the moment.

Nic:p

Cant add any more ideas food wise but i cant bear warm sandwiches or anything that is meant to be chilled, so how bout taking a little cooler bag the size kids take for their packed lunch and put one of those frozen cube things in to keep everything nice and chilled.

You can buy liquids once you pass through passport control, they usually have shops where you can grab essentials. I took orange flavoured water on the plane when I went on honeymoon. I reckon if you bought a litre bottle that would keep you going , as you can always refuel at other end.

Yes, you can bring your own food. Out of etiquette, it would be good to bring non-odorous food for the sake of your fellow passengers.

Protein bars (atkins do some nice ones and most Boots carry them), nuts & seeds, some of my oat flapjacks (they travel well), roasted chick peas, low sugar peanut butter & no added sugar jam sandwhiches, carrot sticks, clementines, apples, single serving no-sugar added fruit cups, dried fruit (just check they don't have added sugar), protein powder and a shaker (you can usually buy milk, some ice cubes and shake just it up).

There are probably more choices but that is all I can think of at the moment.

Nic:p

great suggestion! Thanks xx

Back