• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food - puree stage/soups & sauce recipes

grom

Slim for 2009
That is excellent Grom, I really loved getting to puree also. Enjoy!! Oh, also it was smart to mix all three things together. That is the way to get all you nutrients in!

N;):D:p

Thanks PG
I have made myself a little chart each day in my diary so I can tick off what I have had at each meal as otherwise I won't get it all in! Have also made some yummy hummous as a stand by for extra protein, and I find low fat soft cheese is great for mixing with things to get extra protein.

grom

Slim for 2009
ps
have also just bought a tiny bone china plate and dish so my food doesn't look lost on a normal plate - they are sooo cute!!

starry

Hi
I have made the tuscan bean soup, shrimp spread and the custards all yummy !!

Also I got an idea from the tuna spread from before and after and it is delicious

all in a mini food processor :
1/2 red onion and i pulse it to within a inch of its life !
1/2 tin tuna
2 roasted red peppers
lemon juice, seasoning
little chilli
low fat mayo/low fat creme fraiche

et voila ! wil do me for about 2 days !!!!!
these have saved me I am not a shepherds pie/fish pie type of person at all !! and all the dietician sheets are carb loaded which I didnt want

try them - thanks for the ideas !!
Liz
xx
xx

salski

CREAMY TUSCAN BEAN SOUP

2 – 410g Canned Cannellini Beans (drained)
350 mils Chicken Stock (I use OXO cubes)
2 Garlic Cloves (whole)
½ teaspoon dried rosemary
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
1/8 crushed red pepper flakes
2 tbsps Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste

Instructions:
Put the stock, beans, garlic & herbs in a blender. Puree until smooth. Pour into a medium saucepan, add the olive oil, bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking. Season after with salt & pepper. When reheating this soup, I added some milk because it seemed to thicken after being chilled.

Serving Size: 125 mils (I brought it up to 250 mils with milk)
Soup (without milk) – Calories: 105, Fat: 3g, Carbs: 8g (only 2 are sugar), Protein: 5g

Makes about 1000 mils or 8 servings

This sounds amazing and easy...tescos tonight to try that one!!

salski

I am 3.5 weks post op, and tonight I made a small fish pie

I chose a large piece of smoked haddock, some plain Pollock and some prawns, poached the fish (not the prawns) in some milk, added salt, pepper, curry powder and parsley...once the milk began to simmer, using a slotted spoon took the fish out and placed it in a small casserole dish, put a little bit of cornflour in a cup with cold water, stirred it into the milk. Added the milk to the casserole dish and topped with mashed potato...Add and take away bits any you have yourself and pretty nice and tasty fish pie :D

tesmaralda

Cheesey Broccoli Soup

400g of broccoli (including stalky bits)
1 onion finely chopped
500ml of vegetable/chicken stock
300ml full fat milk
50g of cheddar cheese (I used mature)

1. Chop the broccoli(inclucing the stalky stem) keep the florets and the stalk separately.
  2. Heat the oil up in a large pan
  3. Add the onion and the stalk of the broccoli and stir fry for 5mins.
  4. Add the broccoli florets, chicken stock and milk with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 mins or until soft.
  6. Remove from the heat and blend until smooth and add the cheese.
It is now ready to be served. I found I had to add a touch of boiling water to thin it out a bit for the right consistency.

For those more advanced and on solid foods.
You can also reserve about 2 ladles of broccoli and a blitz the rest to a smooth soup and then add the broccoli back in and serve warm.

It will keep for about 2 days in the fridge.

I really enjoyed this. Hope you do too

salski

mmm sounds good...I made some random cheese broccoli stuff the otherday...it was horrid...but I think I will give this a go :D

ladybird_gal

Cheesey Broccoli Soup

Cheesey Broccoli Soup

400g of broccoli (including stalky bits)
1 onion finely chopped
500ml of vegetable/chicken stock
300ml full fat milk
50g of cheddar cheese (I used mature)

1. Chop the broccoli(inclucing the stalky stem) keep the florets and the stalk separately.
  2. Heat the oil up in a large pan
  3. Add the onion and the stalk of the broccoli and stir fry for 5mins.
  4. Add the broccoli florets, chicken stock and milk with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 mins or until soft.
  6. Remove from the heat and blend until smooth and add the cheese.

MMMMmmm have just made it - strained it and added a little more milk to thin it. Lovely!!

Thank you

:happy096:

swizzlestick

Lifes a beach
HFW Chilled Pea shooters

Saw this on TV the other day and thought YUM.

it is cooked in a nob of butter and a splash of oil but I'm sure this could be reduced further.

There is also a demo vid to see it being made.

Im tempted to find a space to grow my own peas just so I can use the shoots as well :D
Chilled Pea Shooters Recipe | Food | Channel4.com

Makes about 500ml soup
Ingredients

• Knob of butter
  • Sunflower oil
  • 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
  • 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
  • About 300g freshly shelled peas, plus 1 handful of the pods, thinly sliced
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 lovage leaves, thinly sliced
  • A big handful of pea shoots
1. Melt the butter with a little dash of oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garlic, spring onions and sliced pea pods, season, then sweat gently for a few minutes until soft.
2. Add the shelled peas and the lovage leaves and enough water to just cover the peas. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for a few minutes, until the peas are tender.
3. Transfer the soup to a blender, along with the pea shoots, and blend until smooth.
4. Pass the soup through a sieve into a bowl. Leave to cool, then refrigerate, stirring regularly, until thoroughly chilled. Check the seasoning, then serve in chilled shot glasses.

Last edited:

swizzlestick

Lifes a beach
beetroot hummus

Serves 4 as a side dish or starter. For those who've had weight loss surgery this will probably go further than the 4 side dish portions.
  • 4 small beetroot, cooked (NOT pickled beetroot)
  • 200g chickpeas (1 can or equivalent dried chickpeas, cooked)
  • 3 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic (optional, but tastes great)
  • Juice of ½ lemon (optional)
Put all the ingredients together in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
You may need to add a little water, if the paste is too thick.

The easiest way to do it is to process in this order:

• lemon, olive oil, garlic, tahini
  • then add beetroot
  • then add chickpeas (and water, if needed)

swizzlestick

Lifes a beach
simple mashed swede (gravy optional)

One fresh swede
spray light butter flavour or sprinkle butter buds from lakeland
pepper to taste

peel and dice swede and boil in lightly salted water until tender. strain of the water mash the swede to desired texture spray or sprinkle lo fat butter alternative of choice and pepper to taste. Serve as is or with a little gravy.

paulineiw

Six Month Post Op
Thanks so much for the recipes, 2 weeks into the puree diet and fed up with living on slop! Your recipes sound great, thanks

LizzieBee

Loving being a loser!
Thank you so very much to all you kind peeps for posting your tasty recipes! I am looking forward to getting into the kitchen and creating!
Lx

elffie01

Im Meellttinngg!! :)
PG slap me if Im blind but can you give me your chicken soup recipe please ? or poke me with a sharp stick in the right direction of it ?

elffie01

Im Meellttinngg!! :)
thanks every so muchly, I knew it would be somewhere lol

Your a star :)

claire36uk

Hi All.... A couple of weeks ago i posted a thread of some soup recipe's, i did type them out for people so that i could email them BUT after i had finished ALL 500 of them, instead of saving them i closed the box down. I have just made the Garlic Soup recipe and i have to say it is lovely and very tasty as well and strangely enough not as very garlicy lol anyway here is the recipe again if anyone wants to give it a try and have a change from the usual soups ENJOY!!! :D

Garlic Soup
Serves 8

12 Large Garlic Cloves, Crushed
15ml/ 1tbsp Olive Oil
15ml/1tbsp Melted butter
1 Small Onion, finely chopped
15g/11/2oz/2tbsp Plain ( all-purpose) flour
15ml/1tbsp White Wine Vinegar
1 Litre/13/4 pints/4cups Vegetable Stock
2 Egg Yolks
Croutons, to serve

Heat the oiland butter into a pan, add the garlic and onion, and cook them gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Stir in the flour and make a smooth paste, cook for a few minutes,stirring, without letting the mixture brown. Then stir in the wine vinegar, stock and 1 litre/13/4 pints/4 cups water.Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cover the pan. Simmer gently for 30 minutes.

Just before serving, lightly whisk the egg yolks in a bowl. Remove the pan from the heat and add a ladleful of soup to the yolks, Stir with the whisk until the yolks are well mixed with the soup, then pour the mixture into the pan.

Heat the soup over low heat, stirring, for a few seconds but do not allow it to simmer or boil or the yolks will curdle. Put the croutons into soup bowls and pour the hot soup over them, serve immediately.

Cooks Tips
Once the yolks are added the soup is difficult to reheat from cold. If the whole batch is not going to be served, pour half into a pan and add just 1 egg yolk,finish the rest when required.

Energy 55kcal/229kj: Protein 1.3g Carbohydrate 3g of which sugars 0.5g: Fat 4.4g of which saturates 1.6g Cholesterol 54mg: Calcium 12mg: Fibre 0.3g: Sodium 50mg

claire36uk

Garlic and Coriander Soup
Serves 6
25g/1oz Fresh Coriander (Cilantro) leaves and stalks chopped seperately
1.5 litres/21/2 pints/61/4 cups Vegetable Stock, or water
5-6 Plump Garlic Cloves, peeled
5ml/1tsp Vinegar
6 Eggs
275g/10oz day-old bread, most of the crust removed, torn into bitesize pieces.
Salt and Ground Pepper
90ml/6 tbsp extra virgin oil, plus extra to serve.

Place the coriander stalks in a pan. Add the stock or water and bring to the boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Process the soup in a food processor or blender and then press it through a sieve ( strainer ) back into the rinsed-out pan.

Crush the garlic with 5ml/1 tsp salt in a mortar or small bowl, Stir in 120ml/4fl oz/1/2 cup of the hot soup and then pour the mixture back into the pan.

Meanwhile, poach the eggs, heat a large frying pan or water, adding the vinegar, until boiling.Crack an egg into a cup or saucer. reduce the heat so that the water simmers, swirlthe water and drop the egg into the middle of the swirl. Poach for 3-4 minutes, until just set. Add the remaining eggs in the same way ( cook them in 2 batches if the pan is too small to hold all 6 at once ) using a draining spoon to remove the eggs from the pan and transfer them to a warmed plate, trim off any untidy bits of white with a sharp knife or scissors.

Bring the soup back to the boil and add seasoning, stir in the chopped corainder leaves and remove from the heat.

Place the bread in 6 soup plates or bowls and drizzle the oil over it. Ladle the soup and stir. Add a poached egg to each portion and serve immediately, offering olice oil at the table so that it can be drizzled over the soup to taste.

Energy 290Kcal/175Kj: Protein 13g, Carbohydrate 61.6g of which sugars 12.6g Fat 14.1g of which saturates 6.7g Cholesterol 25mg: Calcium 240mg: Fibre 4.1g: Sodium 1022mg

salski

1 tin of green lentils,
1 tin of adzuki beans,
3 garlic cloves
1 chunk of ginger
tinned tomatoes
half a pint of chicken stock
large pinch of all purpose seasoning

Simmered for 20 mins and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm amazingly good!
You could blend this if on puree...full of fibre, protein etc x