• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

soups for pre op and post op

twinklyhb

hi i have just been making some soups ,some to freeze for later (after op when i cant be bothered) and some for now on pre op so i thought i would share the recipes they are from (the new soup bible) £4.99 in" the works "its fab!!! here goes.

roasted root veg soup
50ml olive oil(i used fry light)
sml butternut squash
2 carrots
1 lge parsnip
1 sml swede
2 leeks
1 onion
3 bay leaves
4 thyme sprigs
3 rosemary sprigs
1.2 ltes /2 pnts veg or chicken stock
pre heat oven 200c/400f
prep veg and place on tray with herbs for about 50 mins,then remove from oven, remove stalks from herbs and discard pour on stock boil then reduce heat season with s & p and simmer for 10 min and blitz with blender lush!!!!

fresh tomato soup

3-3.5 lbs of toms
400ml of chicken or veg stock
3 tblsp of sun dried tom paste or tomato puree
2-3 tblsp balsamic vineger
2-3 tsp of sugar(or granulated sweetner)
a sml handful of fresh basil leaves

cut across tops of toms and plunge in boiling water for bout 1 min then plunge in cold water and remove skins quarter toms and place in a pan with stock bring to boil and then simmer for 10 mins til toms are pulpy stir in tom puree,vinegar,sugar(sweetner),and basil season with s & p and cook for a further 2 mins and blitz with blender

i have cooked both of these and they are lush im going to do a few more and will add recipes as i go enjoy!! xxheather:D:D

Last edited:
Back