• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food - puree stage/soups & sauce recipes

swizzlestick

Lifes a beach
Leek and potato soup

1 pint of chicken stock
2 leeks
1 large potato
1/2 pint skimmed milk powder (made up with semi skim milk)
Salt and pepper to taste

optional
1 small chopped dry fried onion and little garlic

Dice the potato and clean and chop the leeks. pour over the pint of chicken stock, bring to the boil and them simmer till potatoes have disintegrated and leeks are tender. Leave to cool. Make up half a pint of skimmed milk powder ( 2 heaped tablespoons) and pour into the leek/potato/stock If you have friy fried some onions and garlic (do not burn them) add this now too. Blitz until all is smooth, add seasoning to taste.
I used ot make this with cream which obviously is not a good idea now but I see no reason why the skimmed milk cannot be swapped for it. I would also have used more potato before.

This should make about 2 pints of soup. for post oppers on the sloppy stage about a quarter of a pint would be one portion. You can freeze individual portions from this or feed the rest of your family.

swizzlestick

Lifes a beach
Oh this one is mucho easy peaazy for sloppies its a dutch classic;)

kaas bonen
(or to you and I cheesy beans)

Half tin of heinz reduced sugar and salt baked beans has 9.5gms of protein heat them up woosh them in the blitzer and melt a little lo fat cheese on top for extra protein!

hopelesscase

Leek and potato soup

1 pint of chicken stock
2 leeks
1 large potato
1/2 pint skimmed milk powder (made up with semi skim milk)
Salt and pepper to taste

optional
1 small chopped dry fried onion and little garlic

Dice the potato and clean and chop the leeks. pour over the pint of chicken stock, bring to the boil and them simmer till potatoes have disintegrated and leeks are tender. Leave to cool. Make up half a pint of skimmed milk powder ( 2 heaped tablespoons) and pour into the leek/potato/stock If you have friy fried some onions and garlic (do not burn them) add this now too. Blitz until all is smooth, add seasoning to taste.
I used ot make this with cream which obviously is not a good idea now but I see no reason why the skimmed milk cannot be swapped for it. I would also have used more potato before.

This should make about 2 pints of soup. for post oppers on the sloppy stage about a quarter of a pint would be one portion. You can freeze individual portions from this or feed the rest of your family.

I add ground mace to mine for seasoning and it gives it a nice twist.

gillabean

Really living now!
Butternut squash and red pepper soup

Peel, de-seed and chop the squash into inch pieces.
Finely chop some red onions
De-seed and chop 1 red pepper into inch pieces
Fry them together with small amount of oil until lightly browned and squash goes a bit soft
Add some chicken stock, season and blend together

claudia24

hoping to be a mummy soon
i think nim gonna be livin on mash and gravy for my puree stage, thing is i dont like soup only tomatoe, i like potatos, carrots, peas and some veg but not stuff like butternut squash, i really thin im gonna struggle, but these reciepes look so nic that i may give them a try.

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
I am so hopeless I never (or hardly ever) make something from scratch I have lots of tins of soups in and thats it.
I am 4 days post op so it will be another week i think till i go onto pureed but i have no idea and was just going to buy pretty much anything and blend it (not the greatest idea)
is there anything easy to make - i dont have a cupboard full of spices and sauces and flavours (just tins lol)

I have tonnes of soups and beans and spaghetti !!!

thanks

Leesh

Hi, I made some lovely soups over the passed couple of days so thought I should share. I got really sick of tinned soup and ran out of my Mums chicken soup so had to fend for myself. The first was a fish soup and the second tomatoe not sure if suitable for everyone but I had no paroblems with either (I have a band, 7 days post op).

To make the fish soup I followed a basic recipe for fish pie which I found on the internet which I made for my family and just kept back some of the sauce for myself, I added a bit of cream and fish stock and blended it. You might need to add more milk to thin it but it was lovely and at least you are all eating a similar thing for tea so you dont feel so left out.

The second recipe is super easy and quick. I bought a tin of cherry tomatoes in sauce from tesco (much much tastier than plum tomatoes) and blended them with half a beef stock cube and some water. I did this cold as I only wanted to eat half. I then added some parmazan cheese and a drop of tobasco and warmed it in the microwave. It was super yummy. With the other half I added a bit of red wine and spoonfull of pesto and some cheese that was yummy too, tastes like proper food.

I am still on the liquid diet so I used quite a bit of water or milk to get these recipes to the right consistency but both would be nice for mushy stage too as they are quite thick innitially. I will post the recipe I used for the fish pie if anyone wants it.

mrsklc3

This recipe sounds so good, I am going out tomorrow and will start making them...I am so tired of store soups. Thanks