• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Healthy foods

alisoomy71

Right one of the reasons I am fat is because I don't know what's healthy and what's not I couldn't tell you what has protein carbohydrates or fibre and what it is I should be eating and what I'm eating that's wrong...... Does anyone know of a good nutritional guide that's plain and simple to understand and here I can get it from or if I can down load one onto kindle or iPad. I really need to learn what's good for me and what's not if I am going to do this right, which is what I want to do, my goal is to turn my life completely around healthy well nourished food. No snacking or grabbing something because it's quick and easy, I just want good healthy food.
I am quite fussy with food main things I don't eat; cheese, spices, fish, the only veg salad I eat is peas, runner beans broccoli, lettuce, cucumber, onions (any) celery, carrots (raw) and I do like fruit most fruits.
But meals are usually with mash chips pasta or some form of potato.
Doctors said my main problem is I don't eat enough sometimes I go the whole day on one main meal, skipping breakfast and lunch. I know it's not good and will not be doing it after my surgery.

Can anyone help?

Thanks Ali-gonna-be-slim-soon

I would ask to speak to a dietician at your hospital as they would be able to give you the best advice. Particularly as post bypass eating is quite different from pre bypass.

For me, healthy eating was not really the issue - it was portion size and sweet tooth size. Basically eating healthy is just about cooking with very little fat/oil, use frylight if you can, choose lean cuts of meat and limit your pasta/potato products. And whereever possible cook from scratch.

Back