• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Last minute Panic - Help please

Raynebubble

Hi i am tmro after 10 days being on the liquid diet, i am to start on pureed food, but just remembered that inbetween meals i will have to have high protein liquids... which is milk... im not really that kean on milk and know im gonna find that bit a struggle.... can you please tell me what you were eating or slurping during your pureed food stage...
any advise will be appreciated at this short notice.
on the liquid diet i was having actimels as they taste nice and are yogurt drinks.... could i just carry on with them as a high protien liquid??

Hi hun, u could have low fat custard and angel delight, protien drinks, milk shakes xx

Hi hun, u could have low fat custard and angel delight, protien drinks, milk shakes xx

is that custard with milk added, and just normal milk shake..... i think you just saved me hun...i will pop to the shops tmro, thanks very much xx

Make sure its all low sugar !!!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure its all low sugar !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou i will get that.... i havnt seen any low sugar milkshake mix anywhere but if i only use a little bit that should be ok shouldnt it x

Make sure you read the content on the back of product and not the front and always try to keep within 5% fat and 8% sugar per 100g. I drink a lot of NAS squash always have a pint glass to hand and remember only to have little sips. I have never had protien drinks if i felt my protien intake was not high enough then i would have a glass of milk.

You can get low sugar crusha flavours for milk shakes, I use canderel or similar instead of sugar (2tbsp = 1oz). If you don't want to use protein powder add a tbsp of skimmed milk powder to your milk drinks this will increase the protein level without extra fat or sugar.
I try to stick to the 3G fat per 100g and 5g sugar per 100g, you can possibly tolerate a slightly higher level up to 5g sugar and 8-10g fat but try to keep as low as possible was my dietitians advice on food labels the green code for fat & sugar is best occasionally into the amber code.
Hope that helps.

Rayne, Very sorry but ive got the fat and sugar the wrong way it should be 5% sugar and 8% fat per 100g

Rayne, Very sorry but ive got the fat and sugar the wrong way it should be 5% sugar and 8% fat per 100g

lol that is ok, i realised that xx

No my mistake Charm 3G fat / 100g & 5g fat/ 100g is the best levels to aim for, 5g fat & 8-10g sugar / 100g. Not having the best day so brain befuddled. Check out the traffic light system of labelling amber the max we should have & not to often Green is the best level to aim for.

You can get low sugar crusha flavours for milk shakes, I use canderel or similar instead of sugar (2tbsp = 1oz). If you don't want to use protein powder add a tbsp of skimmed milk powder to your milk drinks this will increase the protein level without extra fat or sugar.
I try to stick to the 3G fat per 100g and 5g sugar per 100g, you can possibly tolerate a slightly higher level up to 5g sugar and 8-10g fat but try to keep as low as possible was my dietitians advice on food labels the green code for fat & sugar is best occasionally into the amber code.
Hope that helps.

I brought some crusha today thankyou and that made my milk just nice xx

I hate milk. Yuk. I do like yoghurts though and can drink milky coffees. Would that be enough protein. Hauing my by pass after xmas.
x

U could have an all milk coffee and add skimmed milk powder for extra protein. I heat my milk up on the stove then add some coffee and the dried milk powder tastes just like a latte. I used skimmed milk x

I hate milk. Yuk. I do like yoghurts though and can drink milky coffees. Would that be enough protein. Hauing my by pass after xmas.
x

yes you can have milky coffee, or horlicks if you buy the low fat one... ooh and nas crusha milkshake mix, and no added sugar angel delight, and low cal hot chocolate...the ladies on here have been very helpful lol xx i hate milk too...but now im ok with it... i have skimmed milk and add a heaped tablespoon of marvel... this adds the protien without having the fat xx

Back