• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

For those banded at Dolan Park

Jenkala

Hi All

I am due for surgery on 1st March but currently am more worried about the logistics than the actual operation!

I do not drive and I live in Surrey. THG mentioned a chauffeur driven car (posh name for a cab?!) - I was wondering when this can come and get you and if it will take your significant other with you - or will he have to get the bus, as it were.....

Also, does anyone know of hotels nearby so that we are able to get to the surgery on the day of the op for 7am?!

Much appreciative in advance!

Mynewlife

good luck

MNL

Last edited:

iheartny

Hi There,

I had my op on the 1st eb at Dolan Park.
I got a car that took me there included in the price and I can't see why this would differ if you take someone with you.
They sent for me the day before the op and put me up in the hospital the night before the op as they needed to do my bloods.
Ask the question, i you can get a car to pick you up I would advise it as it is in the middle of no where and it is just something else that you don't have to stress about. They also should have a camp bed for your friend / partner if you need it. The rooms are comfy and it is a nice place to go x

cah-ching

Thanks both. IheartNY I have been watching your progress closely - your diary has really helped calm me down reading all the nagative stuff people are writing about thg etc!

The negative stuff is a worry isn't it. lol. Just be sure in your own mind as to what you want and who you want to go with for surgery.

Good luck - who's your surgeon?

kandeechops

I had my band fitted by Mr Super in Aug as to date i've lost 5 stone 3lbs and i'm really very happy with the after care from thg..........I was told that if my hubby wanted to travel in the car with me it would cost £120 return!!!! Wishing you good luck and remember the band works really well but only if you want it to!!!!!

wildthing

Hiya I had my op there with Mr Sig last April and I stayed in a nearby hotel and got a taxi up at 6.30 (the receptionists do this for you as they are well used to patients needing to get the couple of miles to Dolan park). The hotel was right next to the train station - Lady bird I think it was called, clean and basic.

cah-ching

Hiya I had my op there with Mr Sig last April and I stayed in a nearby hotel and got a taxi up at 6.30 (the receptionists do this for you as they are well used to patients needing to get the couple of miles to Dolan park). The hotel was right next to the train station - Lady bird I think it was called, clean and basic.

Hi. How much have you lost with the band?

Jenkala

Easy ladies! It's like a McFy fanclub in here - hormones running wild! Thanks very much for the informative posts. I have a feeling I may go it alone anyway, otherwise knowing me I'll just end up worrying about my husband as well, thinking he is wandering the streets, counting roundabouts in Birmingham with twigs in his hair. Off to the consultation now!

cah-ching

Easy ladies! It's like a McFy fanclub in here - hormones running wild! Thanks very much for the informative posts. I have a feeling I may go it alone anyway, otherwise knowing me I'll just end up worrying about my husband as well, thinking he is wandering the streets, counting roundabouts in Birmingham with twigs in his hair. Off to the consultation now!

If you need any help just let me know.. I'm happy to help you. x

How did your consultation go? What did you think to it?

Who did you see? i.e. Patient Care Co-ordinator & Surgeon.

Jenkala

Hi

Thank you for all the messages. I am very grateful - this is a very friendly site.

Well, consultation done - I went to THG HQ, which reminded me of the reception in Ugly Betty for some reason. Met Mr Super, who put my mind at rest and then Rachel, who I guess will be my 'Account Manager' throughout? They answered all my questions very well and I came away feeling very positive. I am going for a full aftercare package. I am not really that fussed re dieticians (at the moment!) but want the clinical aftercare and free fills for two years.

I am booked in for the 1st of March and am very proud of myself as I went to a 30th birthday celebration last night and didn't drink alochol, so I kept my head whilst those around me were losing theirs, in the paraphrased words of Kipling!

Also forced down a Slimfast this morning (devils food) and enjoyed a dessert of 'aftergag' afterwards.

My husband just had a sugar free jelly for his lunch with me - he is going to do the milk and yogurt diet for the first three days with me for moral support....

I expect he will be nipping down to Pizza Express on the sly by 7pm though..... :)

How is your journey going cah- ching? Thanks again for your support everyone.

cah-ching

Hi

Thank you for all the messages. I am very grateful - this is a very friendly site.

Well, consultation done - I went to THG HQ, which reminded me of the reception in Ugly Betty for some reason. Met Mr Super, who put my mind at rest and then Rachel, who I guess will be my 'Account Manager' throughout? They answered all my questions very well and I came away feeling very positive. I am going for a full aftercare package. I am not really that fussed re dieticians (at the moment!) but want the clinical aftercare and free fills for two years.

I am booked in for the 1st of March and am very proud of myself as I went to a 30th birthday celebration last night and didn't drink alochol, so I kept my head whilst those around me were losing theirs, in the paraphrased words of Kipling!

Also forced down a Slimfast this morning (devils food) and enjoyed a dessert of 'aftergag' afterwards.

My husband just had a sugar free jelly for his lunch with me - he is going to do the milk and yogurt diet for the first three days with me for moral support....

I expect he will be nipping down to Pizza Express on the sly by 7pm though..... :)

How is your journey going cah- ching? Thanks again for your support everyone.

I don't have too much support outside of the forums - nothing new in that :( thats why i live on the site :eek:

Your husband sounds lovely and so supportive.

~I can understand why you felt itwas a little like ugly betty - the big imposing reception desk at the front lol.

How did you find Paul Super?