• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banded 2016 - My journey

DOnt be hard on yourself.... it is an up hill battle, but isn't everything worth having :) i was banded over 2 years ago now and am struggling now mainly because really working at it has been put on the back burner..... so be fair warned this is still going to be a life long battle, with or without band..... it will help you massively in the early years, because as you say the 'fear factor' helps, harness those days before complacency sets in....

WTG on a fab loss tho hunni..... a loss is a loss and every 1lb is closer to where you want to be :) look at the bigger picture and see how far you've come and how much better you feel...

Keep the focus ....sometimes we have to put ourselves first eh...... huge hugs

Thanks for the support ladies. I'm worried about sharing all with my hubby or family that I've told, so I'm so glad I have a place to lay it all bare here on this fab forum.

I don't think others would understand... I tend to put a good spin on it to everyone who knows and asks how I'm getting on

xox

This forum is so good to let loose on I agree Neticat
Your doing so well !
Xxx

Thanks for the support ladies. I'm worried about sharing all with my hubby or family that I've told, so I'm so glad I have a place to lay it all bare here on this fab forum.

I don't think others would understand... I tend to put a good spin on it to everyone who knows and asks how I'm getting on

xox

Yes keep it upbeat to others, else you get the negative nelly's!! we certainly don't want that kind of input..... am desperately trying to shift my extra before i'm due to see friends because i know the comments i will get :eek:

No going back now hun..... keep on plugging away :) it took time to go on so its deffo going to take time to get off :) x x x x

Hi all. So after my disheartened week last week I am back to being my usual positive self :) I went for my band fill yesterday and had another 1.5ml in a 10ml band bringing me up to 4.5ml. I told the nurse I was really disappointed having only lost 4lbs since my last fill but she explained that a lot of banders come back in for their second fill having put on weight as the first fill hasn't given enough restriction so portion sizes become bigger. I have still managed to maintain relatively small portion sizes so she was pleased.

Got my arse into gear and got some cardio in at the gym... my legs were like weights the day after but I think I'll get there if I'm regular with it and will be able to build up my stamina.

I don't know if I should be aiming for a certain amount of weight loss per week. Did any of you experienced banders set weight loss goals? xox

Well done for getting back into positive mode....it helps :) I had an awful lot to lose so it came off pretty quick....but 1-2lb a week is a good healthy steady loss :)
I cut the guess work out of the equation and did the input - output = loss using my trusty fitbit and myfitnesspal i logged my food and calories burned ..... my basic calculation was -1000 cals a day = a 2lb loss each week..... as long as i was honest, it worked :)

It may feel slow hun BUT just imagine how far you can be by CHristmas :) look at that big picture....it took a fair bit of time to gain.... x x x x x good luck :)

Hi Neti

Can I ask how the band felt after the first filling ? Could you feel a difference at all ?
And how long between fillings ?
How is this new top feeling now and can you feel a difference yet ?
I just want to be ready for when my first filling arrives ..

Also , because I have a need to know how it works , will they , or did they show you the size of hole at any time during the fillings . It is the size of say a 5p coin ? Or larger ?

Mindy
Xxxx

Hi Neti

Can I ask how the band felt after the first filling ? Could you feel a difference at all ?
And how long between fillings ?
How is this new top feeling now and can you feel a difference yet ?
I just want to be ready for when my first filling arrives ..

Also , because I have a need to know how it works , will they , or did they show you the size of hole at any time during the fillings . It is the size of say a 5p coin ? Or larger ?

Mindy
Xxxx

Hey Mindy,

My 1st fill was about 5 weeks after my op. I have a dietician call me 1-2 weeks after the fill so they can see whether I think or they think I need a fill. I have been so conscious about slippage/erosion etc that even though in the week coming up to my 1st fill I probably could have gone all out and eaten more than a side plate portion But I kept my meals small and regular. I knew I needed restriction and my dietician agreed.

They didn't show me the size of the hole guess it would be too invasive to do which is why most people say it can take a while to get the right amount in there to get to the sweet spot. It was supposed to be I think 4 weeks between my fills but I had to rearrange mine which is why there was a longer gap.

I do hope this fill had decreased my portion size but think I will know better over the next few days.

The fill itself wasn't too bad, was a bit more uncomfortable than my 1st in terms of pain I think I can feel it filling up inside or might just be psychological! !

Don't know about you , but I can't feel my band at all ? I feel the port , but if I think about the band in place I can't feel it .. I assume this is going to change when I have a fill ..
So you can eat tomorrow ?
Will be interesting to hear what you've been able to eat in day ?
Xxxx

Well done for getting back into positive mode....it helps :) I had an awful lot to lose so it came off pretty quick....but 1-2lb a week is a good healthy steady loss :)
I cut the guess work out of the equation and did the input - output = loss using my trusty fitbit and myfitnesspal i logged my food and calories burned ..... my basic calculation was -1000 cals a day = a 2lb loss each week..... as long as i was honest, it worked :)

It may feel slow hun BUT just imagine how far you can be by CHristmas :) look at that big picture....it took a fair bit of time to gain.... x x x x x good luck :)

Thanks for your support Crystal. I have downloaded myfitnesspal and I think I might buy myself a fitbit. A friend of mine bought her family one each so now the mum, dad and two kids compete against each other each day to see whose done the most steps, lost the most calories etc. Thought it was a fab idea and a way of getting the 4 of us out and active.

Don't know about you , but I can't feel my band at all ? I feel the port , but if I think about the band in place I can't feel it .. I assume this is going to change when I have a fill ..
So you can eat tomorrow ?
Will be interesting to hear what you've been able to eat in day ?
Xxxx

I think I could feel a kind of whooshing when she did the injection, when you have yours done you can tell me whether you felt it too or whether its just my mad head :)

So yesterday I was back to normal food and had 2 scrambled eggs and coffee for breakfast. Lunch was a boring home-made tuna salad. I had a snack of olives on Ryvita (i hate ryvita btw) and in the evening I had my kidney bean, chick pea curry with some salad.

I used to love eating (obviously) but now I just find it so boring, by the time you chewed 20 times and waited 20 seconds for the 20th time I'm just bored. Anyone else feel like that?

I guess you're right niccie that's what got me into this state in the first place lol!

Here's hoping oopseydaisy!

We're going to Dubai in July so that's being my workout motivation.

I usually buy holiday clothes little by little in the months running up to it to spread the cost out but this year I don't know what size to buy. My size 16 trousers are beginning to get a little loose now so even though my actual weight isn't changing drastically anymore my shape is which is exciting :)

I haven't bought anything for myself since before my op (feb) but I've been window shopping. To be honest most of my clothes were quite snug before so it's nice that they fit somewhat properly now.

Back