• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Force feeding/drinking

jjsreal

Do you sometimes feel that you are force feeding/drinking because at the moment I do' approx 10wks post op. I just cant seem to fit it all in! I dont seem to have enough room to fit all the protein/fibre/starch in. Any help deeply appreciated.

yes feels like one long meal and drinkn session all day every day, does get better once you go onto ordinary food and 3 meals a day with snack if you want it. xx hang on in there. xx

Totally agree, ive been really bad for the last two weeks, really busy at work and not eating all day, just drinking. Gave myself a telling off and from tomorrow thats all gonna change.

Kim

Yep me to

I use a 500ml drinking bottle and know I need to drink at least 4 of them during the day and some days it's a struggle, I do have quite a few cups of coffee during the day but I still struggle to get the required 2 litres of fluid in.

Paul

i am almost 9 weeks and on any foods i can tolerate now so i guess at 10 wees you are the same, some days i feel like this but is is getting easier i try and get up early and start my day as i mean to go on i find writing the days menu helps, also i do a bit of exercise in the house but i am going to a gym ans starting swimming again this week so there is a lot to fit in volunteering and or working also, but you will get there as said it does get easier

Paul those tea's & coffee's do count to liquids as well. So don't forget to count them on but yes we do need a good amount of other liquids that we can sip at constantly. Today I've managed 4 cups of tea, & nearly 500ml of nas squash. I'm now sipping a large cup of milk & have my bottle of nas squash for the rest of the evening & through the night although I doubt all the squash will be drunk through the night it's there ready as I wake & need a drink.

Oh meeeeee too. I don't ever seem to be able to fit it all in. I just run out of time. Getting all my meds in though. Discussed with the doctor last week & he said it would get easier around 6 months but wheeeeeeen? I just don't want to eat anything but terrified my protein & nutrient levels are not where they should be. Only managed 30g protein today & that was such a struggle. So many foods come back up. Managing to get around 1 1/2 litres of fluids.
Sorry for you guys but glad to hear I'm not the only one!

Plenty of milk with added protein or dried milk powder is good. The same added to meat or bean based soups. Philadelphia added to scrambled eggs, or dried milk or protein powder. Grated cheese on the scrambled eggs. I use my fitness pal to monitor my food & from that the amount of protein intake.
But it does get easier as you get used to the foods that works for you & your pouch & become more relaxed & confident with what works for you both.

Back