• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Forceval question please for those who have been on it for more than 6 months

SAM55

Hi

I have been on Forceval capsules since October 2016 (couldn't stomach it immediately post op in liquid form).

This question is for those who have been on it for more than 6 months and have had more than one blood test please.

I am aware others on here have had problems with it making them feel sick when taken as directed an hour after food, as have I, and I resorted to taking it with my breakfast so know it may not be as effective, but thought it was better than nothing or other A-Z multi vits.

Has anyone who has done/is doing the same as me had any negative blood test results at any point on vits and mins please? I have had two since September in direct relation to my WLS in December and May. The December ones were fine, and I was told they would contact me if the May one wasn't and no one has (although that doesn't necessarily mean anything!) I have just had my annual long term health conditions MOT and whilst most things are fine, my protein and calcium levels are borderline. My diet has been high in calcium and protein, but I don't take calcium supps since they made me so constipated, and my GP was happy with this.

I am therefore wondering whether I am not getting enough in, or whether I have a deficiency somewhere that is inhibiting my uptake? I would be interested in anyone else's experiences please...

I do have a dietitians appointment on Aug 2nd so will attempt to discuss it with her, although she is not the easiest person to have a conversation with about anything that goes against her 'rules' and she doesn't know I take the Forceval with food.

Thanks

Hi Sam, sorry you haven't had a reply so here is one for you! I've been taking Forceval since January so just six months. My bloods have been fine. I do take calcium.

I have to be reasonably careful when I take my supplements so they work properly. I take thyroid medication and that is ineffective if taken at the same time as vitamins and/or calcium. Also, forceval and calcium shouldn't be taken together. So I take my thyroid medication first thing with a calcium lozenge about two hours later. I take more calcium somewhere between 4 in the afternoon and 8 in the evening (when I remember) and the forceval last thing before sleep.

I lost quite a bit of hair (that seems to have stopped now, it's no longer coming out in handfuls) which I think is partly to do with lack of protein. I've leaned to eat the protein before veggies in case I can't eat it all.

This post may be irrelevant to you but at least you've had a reply!

Back