• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

FORCEVAL

blueeyes

Has anyone heard of or is anyone taking FORCEVAL multi vitamin and mineral supplements? They've been recommended to me by a fellow bypasser and apparently contain a higher dose of the different vitamins and a larger range of vitamins than other brands. Would love to hear from people who are on these. They are prescribed by the GP I think.

Also, what other multi vitamins would you recommend and why?

Thank you!!

Last edited:
Thanks in advance for answering this query...

I've been taking the seven seas capsules etc for so long... but wonder which have been the best brand .... for swallowing purposes .... thanks Blue Eyes.

xxx

I have used Forceval since day one, but you should go with the advice of your surgical team

Thanks Karlos. I take it FORCEVAL was recommended by your team then?

I have used Forceval since day one, but you should go with the advice of your surgical team

I think most teams prescribe Forceval post-op ? I've had it on prescription since discharge from hospital.

I take forceval as recommended by my team it is also a gel capsule so dissolves easier in your system.

I was told Forceval was ok short term, so to change to Multi- Vitamins and Mineral A-Z. I was told the cover all the vits and mineral that Forceval doesn't.

Thank you all for your responses so far. Very much appreciated!!
So much new stuff to learn...

Pinky... I'm wondering about sticking to my Seven Seas Capsule for that reason... they are not too big either and tend to just slide down easily...

Love and hugs xxx

Pinky... I'm wondering about sticking to my Seven Seas Capsule for that reason... they are not too big either and tend to just slide down easily...

Love and hugs xxx

I remember reading the leaflet that came with Forceval. I'm sure they don't cover all vits and minerals.
It was the Bariatric Nurse that advised me not to take Forceval for to long and change to Centrum or Sanatoen A-Z Complete.
They are very expensive so I buy Sainsburys own brand vitamin and mineral A-Z Complete. I spoke to her about them and she said they were fine.

Pinky x

Thank you very much Pinky... I stick with the Seven Seas because they are the only ones I can swallow...

But will check it all out with my team and discuss.

It's helpful to know about the Sainsbury's brand too... thank you very much Pinky.

Love and hugs to you and wishing you all the very best in every way.

xxx

Thank you very much Pinky... I stick with the Seven Seas because they are the only ones I can swallow...

But will check it all out with my team and discuss.

It's helpful to know about the Sainsbury's brand too... thank you very much Pinky.

Love and hugs to you and wishing you all the very best in every way.

xxx

Sainsburys brand are on a 3 for the price 2. I do stuggle to get them down some days, but manage with plenty of water. I've compared them to other supermarket brands and they are the only one that cover almost 100% of the RDA of vits and mins.

Thank you Pinky... what is the name on the box please? So sorry to trouble you.

Thank you xxx

I was advised Forceval, discharged on it and then I switched to another brand that didn't cover half what Forceval does so swapped back. However my GP says he can't prescribe it?!

I was advised Forceval, discharged on it and then I switched to another brand that didn't cover half what Forceval does so swapped back. However my GP says he can't prescribe it?!

Why would they not prescribe it??
I'm off to see the GP on Thursday and want to ask them about it.
I was discharged on something with no name on it (!), bought centrum advance, compared it to Forceval and Forceval has more of certain things in it, and a bigger variety of minerals and vitamins. Going to ask the GP for her opinion.
Thanks all! Much appreciated.

You should do Blue eyes as I get it prescribed so I know GP's can prescribe it if they want to....its probably more expensive, you know how tight some GP's are! :D XX

Back