• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Problems with forceval

Porpo

Hi,

Has anyone else had problems with Forceval?

I'm taking it in a morning after weetabix but I think its making me feel awful. Sunday and yesterday I felt really sick after taking it and today I've got stomach pain and sickness and I was fine before I took it.

Could it be the forceval?

x

I personally haven't had any problems with it, but seem to recall someone a while back saying similar. They swapped over to Ketovite and were fine then.

I personally haven't had any problems with it, but seem to recall someone a while back saying similar. They swapped over to Ketovite and were fine then.

Thanks I've emailed Kath at Spire to see what I can do. Have really bad stomach ache as well today which started when I took the forceval.

When do you take your iron as that can cause stomach ache?

I take the forceval after I've had some breakfast and then the Iron later in the day as I wasnt sure whether I could take them together. Not had any problems with the little iron tablets but they are much smaller.

I cannot take it or slim fast even now.

I get bloated after 2 mouthfuls and feel bloated and sick for a good few hours after.

How long are u supposed to take it for anyway??

Are you thinking of fortimel ST? Forceval is the high dose vitamin and mineral capsule that you are on for life.

Not sure, haven't heard of dalivit sorry.

I was told not to take any tablets until 4 weeks post-op and after seeing the size of the Forceval tablets I'm not looking forward to them. I've been taking Bassetts chewable multivits since I came out of hospital just to keep the levels up, they're quite nice but don't have as many vits etc as Forceval. Be interested to know what your advised by dietician.

I was told to start them after 2 weeks. Might leave it another week and try again. Will let you know what she says.

Thanks

They are like swallowing an egg! I take the Boots Multivitamin and have been fine on them!

The problem with just taking an OTC multivitamin is that the dosage is far far lower than with forceval/ketovite. The highest risk to a bypasser long term is deficiency through malabsorption, which is why forceval is so widely used as if you look at the RDAs in the leaflet, they are in the thousands of percents.

I was given forceval while still in hospital, and have had no problems with swallowing it or with it getting blocked/stuck etc.

Oh Lord, I've got so much to learn. What is forceval? I thought I would be taking Sanatogen Gold. Plus, I just spoke to someone who said she was told to NOT take these vitamins for two weeks AFTER surgery? Does anyone know why?

As always, follow your own surgeon's advice. They should give you either a list of meds to take to your GP or a discharge prescription after your surgery Gillabean, and should explain everything to you aswell.

I swapped to ketovite as the forceval were awful to take. Three tiny tablets and not one HUGE one - much better! The forceval used to make me feel sicky and burp horridly.

Lx

I was given the Dalivit multivitamin drops (14 drops a day) by the hospital. They are the drops the health visitors used to give mums ot give their babies from 6 weeks old!

I asked my gp to prescribe a chewable multi vit for me for when they run out but the prescription just says multivitamin tablet. I will check them when OH gets back with them from chemist. Doc was less than helpful so who knws what hes given me.

Gilla, I too was told not to take the iron, calcium, or multi vit until 2 weeks post op. I started mine today.

The dalivit drops I put into a tiny bit of milk and sugar free crusha milkshake syrup.......was painless :D The calcium the hospital gave me was adcal d3.....they dissolve in water and are not unpleasant, again though, lord only knows what my gp has prescribed!

Porpo I hope you manage to get the discomfort sorted soon and tat the spire have got back to you.

I havent had any probs with forceval I just swollow it down with my morning brew :eek:)

Update

Just had an email back from Spire advising that I should speak to GP to change the prescription or alternatively I can swap to a high quality OTC like Sanatogen Gold.

Havent taken Forceval today and am feeling much much better.
x

Even though the forceval is massive it goes down easier than the iron for me.The iron makes me feel crap:rolleyes::rolleyes:
As shel says normal multi vits are simply not strong enough for us bypassers, I asked my bariatric nurse;):D

Back