• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Forceval/Zoton??!!

i had problems with my meds from my gp until the letter from the hospital came through, detailing what i was to have and why. then my gp was ok with it all, i got enough from the hospital for a week, then the gp was supposed to take over, but i had loads of hassle until the letter arrived on his doorstep. now theres no problem at all with them. i think some gps dont know much about wls, and so cant understand why certain meds are necessary, i think its a case of us along with the hospital educating our gps about it all. good luck, and dont worry, it will all sort itself out in time. hugs x

I'm not sure what to do when i went to see him about 3 wks ago he seemed to have a standard letter from Musgrove that i also got at pre op , so do i go back before surgery or do i wait until after the op when hopefully he would have received a more informed letter?! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My GP refuses to prescribe Forceval for me too, even though he has a letter from my surgeon stating that Im to take them for life. I believe it's because I went private for my surgery. My GP has told me that Forceval will cost him too much money !!!!!

I buy mine from Amazon, £20 for 90 tablets.

Em - your surgeon will send a detailed letter to your GP on the day you are discharged, giving him information about the nature of your operation and your recovery, listing what medication he has prescribed, for how long, and what the GP should continue to prescribe for you. You will also be given a repeat prescription form listing all your meds and how long you need to take them for. Some of the meds are for a few weeks post op, some are for up to 3 months post op, some are for life.

Thanks Rose good info!! I shall wait i think till after surgery at this moment in time i could do without anymore stress, i think if i went to the GP now i'll probably rip his head off & get nowhere! :rolleyes:

Back