• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

FREEZING COLD

I live in onesies. I have a 'normal' one that I've been known to wear out (with other clothes over the top) and so own a tiger one and a Cookie Monster one. I've also bought a whole variety of snazzy and hippyish gloves and hats.

I can't afford heating this winter and, working from home, sit at my desk in onesie, jumpers, dressing gown, slippers, body warmer and fingerless gloves. The look on my landlords face when he nipped round the other day was hilarious!!

On my bed I have 2 winter duvets, 2 blankets and wear fleece pyjamas. I've no idea what I'm going to do when it's REALLY cold!!

Oh gosh! Not looking forward to this ahah!! I'm always cold as it is, always have been a cold person, I have 2 duvets, one for my bed and one for my living room and I've had my living room one out since September!! My heating is crap and never seems to get warm enough for me :( I'm going to freeze more than normal if I get to have the band done! I have just purchased a heated blanket, so this helps at bed time!!! I'm like many, can't really afford to have the heating on all the time.. I may have to move in with my mum in the winter lol

heating your home office for 8 pence a day- Potheadforkandle- www.keepturningleft.co.uk - YouTube
Several folks have said it works

I live in onesies. I have a 'normal' one that I've been known to wear out (with other clothes over the top) and so own a tiger one and a Cookie Monster one. I've also bought a whole variety of snazzy and hippyish gloves and hats.

I can't afford heating this winter and, working from home, sit at my desk in onesie, jumpers, dressing gown, slippers, body warmer and fingerless gloves. The look on my landlords face when he nipped round the other day was hilarious!!

On my bed I have 2 winter duvets, 2 blankets and wear fleece pyjamas. I've no idea what I'm going to do when it's REALLY cold!!

Bought thermal socks today to go with other list if thermals I have invested in.
Let's hope they work!!

I am dreading this. I am pre op and am sat at my desk in one shirt, 2 cardigans, one of my husbands jumpers and a woolly hat.

I am always steaming hot! So would love to have this side effect if i ever get the op done..! Maybe will regret this wish! But now i just cant function normaly if the room temp (or outside) goes above 15C.. Boiling hot all the time!

I used to be hot all the time now since I have dropped down to 13 stone from 31 stone it's freezing I thought it would be nice change but bring back the warmth it sure is cold

I used to be hot all the time now since I have dropped down to 13 stone from 31 stone it's freezing I thought it would be nice change but bring back the warmth it sure is cold

I was the same hun.. Summer months were a real struggle at nearly 28st and winter months were a breeze. Last summer was brilliant with not a drop of sweat cast but despite this being a mild winter I'm constantly shivering and turning up the heating while hubby is forced to swelter. No amount of layers gets me warm.. It's still a small price to pay though. Just wish the gas bills were!

My toes and fingers are always like ice cubes!

I'm like you Neisie it's my fingers and feet that suffer the most. When it's really cold they are painful.

I am experiencing the same thing,, I can never get warm and this is driving my husband crazy :D

I am hoping that this does get better over time or as I adjust to the new me.

my daughter bought me some big fluffy slippers you can put in the microwave lol and I have to ask have you been checked for anaemia I am permanently cold too and have to take ferrous sulphate for rest of my life because I keep being anaemic and they haven't managed to control it yet :) take care think of the electric and gas bills and try to keep warm without heating on too much etc

Ohhhhhh Angie microwaveable slippers sound so cosy! My mum gave some heat pack things to put in my gloves when I'm out walking the dog so will try them out tomorrow. Iron levels were fine early December but everything else they tested for was low so maybe that's at the back of it. I'm due to get them all rechecked again at the end of this month anyway ;) xxx

I admit, if there is a downside to WLS, it's feeling the cold all the time. The protection has gone - resulting in feeling the cold are more than we used to.

I'm one year on and I'm still sat grasping my hands whilst watching TV in the evenings. Thank god for heated underblankets - best thing from Santa in a long while!

I agree/ it's really tough being so cold. I went to Zurich last week for a wedding and we went up the mountain- I wore thermals and 3 extra layers plus ski gloves ski socks and snow boots - needless to say I was still cold but had a great time. Been wondering if it gets easier as the years go on- I'm only one year post op..

thanks Joe :) yes ive not been coming on here regularly like I used to but am trying to get back into the swing of things :)

Back