• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So cold

MissDiet

Come on lbs!!!
So im sitting here, with 2 pairs of pajamas on, a scarf, leather gloves, ugg boots and a hoodie.

Im so cold. Like really cold, my nose feels like its made off ice. Ive taken to having my elec blanket on near max all night.

I know this is a common problem but pre ops dont underestimate how much insulation you will loose lol

X

It’s not just the lack of insulation, your body produces quite allot of heat digesting food (especially fats), and can divert energy away from heating the body (especially hands and feet) if calories are short.

Know people who complete in extreme endurance events, eg. 50+ miles over cold mountain ranges carrying everything you need and camping overnight, they have been known to drink olive oil before going to bed to keep themselves warm overnight! (these are quite extreme people, personally I prefer a bag of peanuts when camping in the cold).

So im sitting here, with 2 pairs of pajamas on, a scarf, leather gloves, ugg boots and a hoodie.

Im so cold. Like really cold, my nose feels like its made off ice. Ive taken to having my elec blanket on near max all night.

I know this is a common problem but pre ops dont underestimate how much insulation you will loose lol

X

Is it casual Thursday at your office, honey, lol ... :D
I'm boiling ... running round after 4 under 5's will do that, phew xxx :D

Thanks for that. Think i'll give the oil a miss lol!

I worked from home today, kinda gave up at 3 as was so cold i just couldnt function

X

I got really cold on Saturday at my eldest's bonfire party....she had a huge fire...I mean huge it had a caravan on top!!!!!

Watched the fireworks and had to come home felt so cold and went straight to bed...took hours to warm up.

I know I said I was looking forward to not sweating all the time, but had no idea I'd feel the cold so soon..

Hope you warm up soon:):)

That sounded like a fantastic bonfire and night out!

I just cant recommend an elec blanker more. Its become my life saver.

X

I got really cold on Saturday at my eldest's bonfire party....she had a huge fire...I mean huge it had a caravan on top!!!!!

Watched the fireworks and had to come home felt so cold and went straight to bed...took hours to warm up.

I know I said I was looking forward to not sweating all the time, but had no idea I'd feel the cold so soon..

Hope you warm up soon:):)
it wasnt at dale farm was it? lol

I was looking at one today...but haven't given in yet, but don't think it will be long:):)

it wasnt at dale farm was it? lol

:8855::8855:

Not quite, but you could see the fire for bl**dy miles as we drove home:eek:

Id recommend one with many heat settings. I think mine has 9 x

Id recommend one with many heat settings. I think mine has 9 x

WOW! The one I was looking at was in Lidl's and it was nice and padded:) Didn't think to see how many settings it had.....last time I had one, as a kid, it was either on or off:8855:

Its really good. 1-4 is all night heat, 5-8 is slow pre warn bed. 9 is super fast (5min) to having your bed like a toaster

Go get one x

Its really good. 1-4 is all night heat, 5-8 is slow pre warn bed. 9 is super fast (5min) to having your bed like a toaster

Go get one x

Think I will:)

It’s not just the lack of insulation, your body produces quite allot of heat digesting food (especially fats), and can divert energy away from heating the body (especially hands and feet) if calories are short.

Know people who complete in extreme endurance events, eg. 50+ miles over cold mountain ranges carrying everything you need and camping overnight, they have been known to drink olive oil before going to bed to keep themselves warm overnight! (these are quite extreme people, personally I prefer a bag of peanuts when camping in the cold).

I would rather have a cuddle to keep me warm than a bag of peanuts!

Lynne x

I'm frozen tonight too and still have to take Wizzy (my dog) out for his walk. I'm dreading it because of the cold.
Tesco are selling of some very warm long length cardi coats with a hood on, should be £35, selling for £10 so I got one for me and one for my daughter.
I have on at the moment a long length thick denim skirt, tights, bra, wooly jumper, long scarf and my new wooly cardy coat and I am still cold. I wish I could have a lovely relaxing bath instead of taking Wizzy out but I cant, I love him too much lol.
LYnne x

Electric blankets can't be used with memory foam mattresses, if anyone has one. We do I it is very clear that it will be a fire hazard ... xxx :)

Oh pooh!!

As a pre op chunky monkey I am usually melting! Come bed time I have a hot shower and carry on cooking for about half an hour, then I start to get cold, even in mid summer I have a 13 tog duvet and wear a nighty. I put the electric blanket on as soon as the temp goes below 10c and for most of the winter I leave it on 24/7. I would love a memory foam mattress but could not give up my leccy blanket. Perhaps if you eats some carbs you will feel a bit warmer.

Back