• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fruit and veg juice

fayz

I wonder if anyone else went out and bought a juicer today after watching the programme fat, sick and nearly dead? We've bought a juicer and had our first juice. I'm only 2 week post op so could only manage half a glass, it was absolutely delicious, apple, carrot and lemon. The only down side is it isn't high protein so will just have it once a day and keep my protein high in the other two meals. Has anyone else built in fresh homemade juice into their diet and noticed the benefits of this?

That's what I would worry about too, I had fresh orange juice and had to at water as the taste was too strong for me, I hope that I will tolerate fruits on my solid stage bcoz they will be a miss for me x

I am so tempted to get a juicer. Read a news story the other day at how bad fruit juice is for you!

You can't win.

My provider and dietician don't recommend them, as you get less fibre in your diet through juicing than by eating the whole fruit (or veg).

I also believe in Bob Harper's mantra of "don't drink your calories!" * so would rather eat than drink a meal.

* other than when on a liquid diet, obvs!

The further I get out, the quicker my pouch seems to empty. And I have begun to feel some pangs of hunger now and again. Juice just wouldn't satisfy me. There have been quite a few studies recently that suggest that people feel more hunger (ergo consume more calories) when they have juices in their diet.

Fayz....I was so tempted, the prog was amazing! I'm not on solids yet and thought juicing would be perfect for me! x

Hi folks
Because puréed foods can be a bit bland I've had one juice meal a day, half a portion with lots of ice to water it down. The flavours are amazing and it's going down really easily. I have my follow-up appointment a week on Monday so will talk to my provider about whether this is something I should keep having or not.

I love fruit & veg juices but, as Jozefina said, I don't like to drink my calories at this stage.
Anyway, once in a while, I juice 1/2 green apple (granny smith), 2 carrots and 1/2 orange. I love it.

I'm nearly 12 months out and started to juice a couple of weeks ago. Love it and its a great way to add your vitamins without breaking the calorie bank. I dump on tooth fructose so have found it better sticking to veg juice with a little fruit in to sweeten.
Favourites are
carrot, apple and ginger
Cucumber, celery, ginger, apple

Hi Guys!!
Fruit and vegetable juices are really good for healthy. Juices sharpen your edge, improve your mood, boost energy make strong bones and muscles. Homemade shakes like banana shake,mango shake, carrot juice, cucumber juice and tomato juice are good for your health.

Hi Guys!!
Fruit and vegetable juices are really good for healthy. Juices sharpen your edge, improve your mood, boost energy make strong bones and muscles. Homemade shakes like banana shake,mango shake, carrot juice, cucumber juice and tomato juice are good for your health.

Hi Morgan, would you like to tell us a bit more about yourself?

Back