• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Frustrated Impatient Already

Donnagooner

Hi,

I've had my surgery carried out on the24th September, but am not getting significant weight loss. I had my 1st fill two weeks ago and this is not making an ounce of difference.

Does anyone know why a surgeon would not fill the band at the time of the operation. I was motivated during my milk diet and when I had the feeling of restriction straight after the op. But now I know I can eat. - hey I'm eating.

Any words of encouragement would be great. :sigh:

That's only 4 days ago? Give yourself time honey x

from me phone :D

Do you mean 24 September or August?

I got banded on the 13th September and haven't had a fill yet - it's booked for the 15th October. I'm also just on soft foods, so taking things very slowly. Tbh, I've already seen a difference in my weight since the op just from being on such a restricted diet (lost over half a stone) but the weight took a lifetime to get on me so it's not gonna disappear overnight :)

The reason they don't fill at the time of op is because your body needs time to heal and create scar tissue around the band. There's a risk that you might cause internal damage if, for example, you ate too much or were sick or somehow put pressure on the surgery site. The time between the op and the fill gives your body time to heal and get itself ready for teh change in diet (it's why you're also not meant to eat anything tough/solid for 3-4 weeks after the op).

I'd really recommend keeping a food diary (I use MyFitnessPal online) just to see what and how much you're eating. Quantity and volume is usually the root of slowed weight loss! And it's good to be aware of what you're eating too.

Try to remember how you felt on the pre-op diet and use that to motivate yourself now. The band is a tool, not a cure, and you need to work with it to make sure you reach your full potential.

Good luck! :)

sorry im a bypass victim lol but its no time since your band but you should be motivated just by having it fitted and looking forward to your future journey

I was banded in May but didn't feel proper restriction until about a month ago after having my third fill. This is the hardest part of being banded. Its pants but you just have to be patient .

Hi,

I've had my surgery carried out on the24th September, but am not getting significant weight loss. I had my 1st fill two weeks ago and this is not making an ounce of difference.

Hello , have you got ur dates mixed up hun??:confused: how could u have had a fill 2 weeks ago when ur surgery wasnt even 2 weeks ago lol

Does anyone know why a surgeon would not fill the band at the time of the operation. I was motivated during my milk diet and when I had the feeling of restriction straight after the op. But now I know I can eat. - hey I'm eating.

some surgeons dont fill during the op ( mine didnt) most ppl do not get a fill till about 6 weeks afterwards, the band is a very long process in relation to bypass/sleeve etc and the weight doesnt come off as quickly.

Any words of encouragement would be great. :sigh:

Give it time to settle and once u more fills you will see the weight start shifting xx

I know probably heard this alot but it will take time, and i promise you it will get better and the weight will start falling off! im 2.5 years post op and although for me it did happen slowly every single pound i lost it stayed off thats the difference between us and other people that dont have a band!!

you can only take each day as it come and somedays you will be frustrated not be able to eat alot but there will be days when you step on the scales and you will be jumping for joy!!

i had 3 fills in my time and once you get to a good restriction that you get used to and can cope with it will become a way of life!

dont be down think of this as a journey that will take time but will be brilliant at the end!

Suzanne

Back