• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

protein shakes?

julieann

Hi all, ive just had my second band fill today so back on liquids for three days and than puree for three days, but my question is this- can you buy such a thing as protein shakes and if so where do you get them from as i am apparently not having enough protein in my diet and even though i am losing on average 1lb per week i have lost muscle mass and as i am now on liquids i'm not quite sure what to have. I would be grateful for any advice. julie

Just to say, the ones I added on the end, the promax maximuscle, you can get in Tesco (atleast they stock a good range in my extra store) and they do a small tub to try. Holland and barretts do a good range of single cartons/vials etc to try too.

Oh there are soooo many protein supplements, ready to drink and powdered...you can even get high protein meal replacements which you can half or even quarter to keep the amount down to a manageable level...check out protein powders or meal replacements on ebay and the like...I use them for my weight training specifically...it is best to find cold processed ones if you are concerned with having the highest quality of protein supplementation, if not then there are loads to choose from...sorry I cannot be more specific as the ones I use won't be the ones you'd need...maximuscle, I have to say, is not the most highly recommended and it is one of the most expensive too (bad reports from nutritional studies and bodybuilding and fitness studies done independently a few years ago)

Hi all, ive just had my second band fill today so back on liquids for three days and than puree for three days, but my question is this- can you buy such a thing as protein shakes and if so where do you get them from as i am apparently not having enough protein in my diet and even though i am losing on average 1lb per week i have lost muscle mass and as i am now on liquids i'm not quite sure what to have. I would be grateful for any advice. julie

i dont know to much about protein shakes but just wanted to say how different the clinics we go to are i stay on liquids after a fill to the next day then go back to normal! i think they should have national guildlines so we all do the same

i know u can get some stuff from holond and barret its called way protien its like a meal suplment that body biders take as my hubby takes it hope this helps

Hi
I have not had my band yet (not for another 6 months) do you have to have these suppliments ?
I cant drink anything that is made from powder - not allergic just could not physically drink anything made originally from powder. I can just about have a cup a soup but if i taste the powder i gagg.
Can tablets be taken instead or is it possible that you can get enought protein from food ?
Thanks

Hi
I have not had my band yet (not for another 6 months) do you have to have these suppliments ?
I cant drink anything that is made from powder - not allergic just could not physically drink anything made originally from powder. I can just about have a cup a soup but if i taste the powder i gagg.
Can tablets be taken instead or is it possible that you can get enought protein from food ?
Thanks
I dont think that it is necessary to take extra protein supplements with a band, but as i said in my original post my bariatric nurse advised that i need to increase my protein intake as i had lost some muscle mass and as i am not a huge meat eater she said that protein supplements may help, although i am like you, i cant bear powdery bits in drinks.

Back