• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Full steam ahead . . .hmmmm

top_kat

Hi everyone.

I've just joined, having come across your forum while searching for help with pre op diet. I have considered WLS for so many years maybe even 6 or 7 seriously. Then my mum was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, was the catalyst for me giving up smoking immediately, but also led my weight to increase more and more.

I've tried everything else, became seriously ill having done lighterlife, which although I lost 5 stones in 3 months, I was at a point where I struggled to consume even 1 shake a day. As it was, it made me incredibly ill, got taken off it, back to food and back to the whole ongoing saga and battle. Since I lost my mum 3 years ago, I suppose food has become that "crutch" as I didn't smoke and things have just gotten really bad.

I went on holiday in May to Italy with my 11 yr old son. And so many things happened on this holiday which made me realise that I had to do something. One of my biggest fears is not waking up from the anaesthetic and this is the reason its taken me so so long to get anywhere.

I finally rang the Healthier Weight team in july, had my consultation on July 10th and due to work commitments my surgery has been booked for August 23rd.

I have just started on the 3 week pre op diet due to my BMI, but struggling cos its the low cal/carb one but am looking for alternative options which doesnt involve me having to cook or prepare foods as I just end up eating.

Anyway, I am here, beginning my journey, frightened beyond words of not waking up post surgery and leaving my son on his own. I dont have any fears about the band itself or beyond, just that one thing.

I havent had very positive support on another forum I visit, and am fed up of the "Well just eat less" approach to being overweight. Sadly some people just do not get it.

Anyway, I am booked to have Surgery with Dr Super, although its through Healthier Weight and Im having my surgery at Spire Hospital in Birmingham. I've been refused as a day case which makes things a little difficult and I have yet to tell my Dad/Stepdad or even my son of what is coming up. Only person I have to talk to is my Aunt, and she is the one who is loaning me the money to pay for my surgery.

So, I am here. Hoping it will help . . .

but more than that, knowing its good that people will "get it"

:)

Back