• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Looking Forward

JakkiD

So my surgery is one month today and I have all the health reasons and family reasons to do this, but I was trying to put my fears aside and do some positive thinking today, this time next year when im theoretically speaking a 'normal size' what else am I looking forward to. And my first thought was blending in, mainly on photos, Id love to have a photo taken with friends where its not me who stands out as the biggest/tallest/widest, dont think ive ever had a photo where youd have to struggle to find me, or work out which i was, which maybe others dont see as much as me, but I want to look at photos and think dont I look happy or my hairs a mess, just 'normal' stuff, anyone else? ☺️

Hey, great thread!

I had my surgery 1 month ago this Thursday, I am mostly looking forward to.....

having more time to focus on the things I enjoy - being overweight takes up a huge amount of my time and mental energy; having to think about how I look, if my clothes make me look fat and when shopping for clothes looking for items that hide the bits I want hidden. Then there was the mostly consistent feeling of shame; when eating in front of others -worried that they'd comment and also the shame that came with breaking a diet or bingeing.

No having to do any of the above anymore will be so liberating!

Good luck JakkiD I hope your surgery goes well xx

Hi Jakki my op is a week today...

I'm looking forward to:
- strolling down the high street or through a shopping mall and being able to work into any shop and have my choice of clothes!!
- taking my son to a water park and joining him on the slides (time's ticking as he is 14 today!!)
- being comfortable on a flight and being able to consider budget airlines (avoided them because I have no idea what to expect and really don't want the embarassment)
- being able to dress to reflect my personality rather than having to work with whatever fits
- be able to eat in public without feeling that the world is staring at me
- use public transport without worrying about the passenger beside me and what they might be thinking
- hopefully more children as I really didn't want to be 25 stone AND pregnant

My children are 20, 12 and 11 so yes I know the ticking feeling, I want to be the best mum possible while they still want to spend time with me, lol, im currently 25 stone too so look forward to following your journey, good luck x

Back