• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding accepted, now what?

MayraF

I am now over the moon as the CCG approved my funding!! I have been referred to see Mr Byrom at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital, and am waiting for a date to see him. I have a few questions, if anyone could help it would be great

I only found out i got funding because i called the CCG, and the same with being referred to the surgeon, i had to call the GP as i hadn't heard from anyone. I never received any letters nor phone calls. Is this normal? I am really worried about this...

The only letter i received so far was the weight management one saying they recommended me for surgery. I had to ask the GP for a copy of the letter they send to the surgeon in order to have something in writing that shows i was approved.

Now, since there has been a lot of back and forth between the GP and hospital and no one knowing what is happening exactly, i'm gonna have to do some more chasing for an appointment with the surgeon. Does anyone know if it's his secretary that deals with it, or another department etc? Mr Byrom's secretary did say that between the surgeon's appointment and the surgery there is a 18 week maximum waiting time, but nothing about when i'd see the surgeon.

It would be great if anyone could shed some light on what happens next so that i know what to expect and when to chase after it or not.

Thanks everyone for all the help so far! :)

unsure as different hospital have different times i was referred from gp in august and saw surgeon in october i had a letter from the hospital saying they had a meeting and i fitted the criteria so went seminar and surgeon same day just started my pre op diet but im sure you will hear soon and good luck

I am now over the moon as the CCG approved my funding!! I have been referred to see Mr Byrom at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital, and am waiting for a date to see him. I have a few questions, if anyone could help it would be great

I only found out i got funding because i called the CCG, and the same with being referred to the surgeon, i had to call the GP as i hadn't heard from anyone. I never received any letters nor phone calls. Is this normal? I am really worried about this...

The only letter i received so far was the weight management one saying they recommended me for surgery. I had to ask the GP for a copy of the letter they send to the surgeon in order to have something in writing that shows i was approved.

Now, since there has been a lot of back and forth between the GP and hospital and no one knowing what is happening exactly, i'm gonna have to do some more chasing for an appointment with the surgeon. Does anyone know if it's his secretary that deals with it, or another department etc? Mr Byrom's secretary did say that between the surgeon's appointment and the surgery there is a 18 week maximum waiting time, but nothing about when i'd see the surgeon.

It would be great if anyone could shed some light on what happens next so that i know what to expect and when to chase after it or not.

Thanks everyone for all the help so far! :)

Hi hunni and welcome :D all areas seem to have different procedures some are quick some are slow lol my journey took 3 years in total but can confirm they were pretty lapse with telling me anything, tbh i didn't chase anything up, i was happy to poottle thru the process. Getting your funding thru is great news :) don;t hesitate to contact them if you feel you need to know whats happening :D Wishing you heaps of luck on your journey x x x

i would try phoning the surgeons secretary or if it works the same as the hospital i work in then then you could also try phoning the waiting list manager who look after that side of things, hope this helps

Back