• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding Approved and First Apppointment in November

dellam760

Hi, I now have my first appointment at Guys and St Thomas on 5th November.

I am hoping that I am allowed to have the sleeve as I don't really want a band.

My only real question at the moment is : How long from 1st appointment to surgery ??

I am really hyped about it but not sure if this is the right question to ask at my very first appointment. Help !!

Hi I don't know much about it but I also have my first appt on the 18 th of November at st Thomas's so fingers crossed someone can help.

hi and welcome dont think anyone can say about the time from appointment to surgery as all hospitals will differ some are weeks some are months some even longer than a year goodluck with your journey though

Hey,

Im going to echo what others have said :) It depends on which hospital you're with and waiting times they already have in place. My consultant told me on my first appointment with him that surgery usually takes place within 3 months.

That was on the 6th September, my surgery is booked for the 12th November :)

When you go in for your appointment, ask how long the waiting list is. You may be pleasently surprised ^-^ Good luck! xXx

Had my appointment today with Dr Botah at St Thomas. He told me that I am too healthy for a clinically obese person to be considered for surgery at the moment. He told me that unless I had some other very serious health issue that London would not be able to fund me,

AFTER I PICKED MYSELF UP OF THE FLOOR.....
I told him that East Kent had agreed funding for me via my GP and I have been requested back for another appointment.

He had told me that I must attend the next 2 appointments, confirm my funding via my GP and then they will have a case discussion about me. If at that point they agree as a whole, I will be placed onto the waiting list.

NOT giving up yet.
x

I have now been to my group session at St Thomas on 05/03/14. So that took 4 months. I now have to wait for an appointment at Guys for clinical tests. This should be in about 12 weeks. From then, if I get onto the waiting list, it will be a further 7 months. So from first appointment with my Gp to now is 16 months. From referral it has been 11 months. Keeeeeep goooing.

Congrats and gl. :)

Back