• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding approved! So relieved

Debs!

Doing a little happy dance! Just had a call to confirm I had got thought the MDT and was approved for the sleeve. My final pre op with the nurse on is 9th March and with the anesthetist on 24th March!!! Funding approved - then just got to wait to reach top of the list. Oh and the liver shrinking hurdle!

Excited/scared! Close family know but not announced via others as I had a very mixed reaction from the few friends I had muted the idea to. They were a bit negative - so excuse me for having to write this here! But just for now I am very excited and no outlet for that!! ?

i will join you in a merry little dance as well!
Very well done the end goal is in sight keep your eye on the prize

i will join you in a merry little dance as well!
Very well done the end goal is in sight keep your eye on the prize

Duets are always more entertaining!!!

I feel a bit daft celebrating that I am looking forward to having 80% of my stomach cut away - it's sad in some ways it has come to this - but I know its my best hope of sustained effort and a healthier life.:D

I am sure soon terror will set in!!!

Fantastic news! It will be here sooner than you think!

I really hope so Trish - I dont want it to be too long in case I have majoy wobbles about it all - despite being on this path since August 2012 - I suspect last minute nerves are a buggar to deal with!
:D

Doing a little happy dance! Just had a call to confirm I had got thought the MDT and was approved for the sleeve. My final pre op with the nurse on is 9th March and with the anesthetist on 24th March!!! Funding approved - then just got to wait to reach top of the list. Oh and the liver shrinking hurdle!

Excited/scared! Close family know but not announced via others as I had a very mixed reaction from the few friends I had muted the idea to. They were a bit negative - so excuse me for having to write this here! But just for now I am very excited and no outlet for that!! ?

Congratulations bet you are well chuffed x

Congratulations bet you are well chuffed x

I am - but I will feel its really real I guess when I actually get a surgery date and start LSD - perhaps then I will accept no one is going to take it away and it IS going to happen :)

Back