• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update got funding approved

Maphillips

Hi all just had great news
Went to see dr Capehorn at rio in rotherham and he said the pct has approved funding straight away
He is emailing dr ackroyd straight away to get an appointment and for him to discuss what treatment is best
I think a sleeve would be best but will accept a bypass I will leave it up to the experts would like a sleeve with a mini bypass
Dr Capehorn asked if I would go in at 7 this morning as had news but don't mind when it's good news
Hope everyone is well
Many thanks for every ones support
Mark

oh yay Mark, thats great news!!! Hope it all happens quickly for you :) xxx

Hope so least all that's in place now just got to wait for surgeon but his list is long so may be a few months but hope its sorted by Xmas

Aaaaaw that's brill news for you, so happy :553:
Em xxxx

Brilliant news mark ur well on ur way now x

Congratulations Mark - fantastic news. Yaaahhhh for Dr Capehorn, love that man lol xxx

Good news :)

I am under the same PCT and was given funding straight away but had to wait forever for the doc to complete the rest of the paperwork for the referral. I received my letter yesterday inviting me to attend the weight loss surgery group session at northern general on 19th july. I don't want to go home after n think about it as the letter says as i know 110% that i want it. Im hoping mr akroyd or mr Patel don't decide which on they want to do as i want the bypass n not the band so that its permanent.

I had to do rio and done weight management before with narisa when I had my band I hope mr ackroyd does mine but being told it will be 4-5 months waiting as lists are behind
Might see you there did you do Rotherham rio
But hope things speed up

Maphillips said:
I had to do rio and done weight management before with narisa when I had my band I hope mr ackroyd does mine but being told it will be 4-5 months waiting as lists are behind
Might see you there did you do Rotherham rio
But hope things speed up

Im from barnsley but apparently mr ackroyd deals with surrounding areas. Ive done diets over the years and even put myself on reductil by buying off prescription from turkey but even that didn't work. I'm hoping that with my bmi now at 52 and also having a hernia that i may be able to go straight on surgery list but i am prepared to go on another diet if they day i have to but may ask my doc to try xenical if i have to do another diet. I don't mind a 4-5 wait as long as I'm on the list and don't want it too soon anyway as i have a holiday booked in september.

He does you will be going through his weight management class he get you all in and explains the types of surgery and what to expect also meet his team
Mr ackroyd is a very nice man he seems quite but knows his job I trust him fully
Also his team are great I work out off northern so see him most weeks in passing
When your in let me know will try and pop in to say hello if you want
I live Rotherham who now do there own weight management and to qualify must do there's but I must say has been very good soon I believe Barnsley will be doing similar to Rotherham
Good luck
Mark

Im in the 9:30 group session on the 19th july. Im going to try to start to lose a bit of weight from now then since I've had the referral n if it gets the operation a bit quicker then all good. Ive got to go straight to work after tho :( as i work over in manvers

One thing I would say is once he has said yes and done all the tests eg sleep test and stuff
Then phone his secretary to try and get a date she will sort things out I got a cancelation on my band but it is a slow process

That is fantastic news :) its a step closer just think how quick the last 6 months have gone another 4 will go just as quick :) xx

Hi all just had great news
Went to see dr Capehorn at rio in rotherham and he said the pct has approved funding straight away
He is emailing dr ackroyd straight away to get an appointment and for him to discuss what treatment is best
I think a sleeve would be best but will accept a bypass I will leave it up to the experts would like a sleeve with a mini bypass
Dr Capehorn asked if I would go in at 7 this morning as had news but don't mind when it's good news
Hope everyone is well
Many thanks for every ones support
Mark
Great news mate...all the best !:)

Back