• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

They approved my funding!!

Thats the biggest hurdle well done you!!! :D

Hi everyone, very new newbie here waiting for further news on having a gastric bypass. I can't provide any more information on that yet other than I see my consultant in Derby again early October. When I first saw him in July, he suggested I had a bypass rather than a band. He gave waiting times etc., but I'm no further forward as he then said go away and promise me you will walk an hour a day. This I have done. It's been a long time considering I first saw my GP last October, she referred me to the Sleep Clinic and Dietician, subsequently they found I had sleep apnea and that appeared to hold things up. I now use a CPAP and manage quite well. I'm 57 years old and I'm hoping next time I see the Consultant I will feel a little more positive.

Anyway as I said my first post ... I have been lurking, looking at you all and reading your great posts and stories. Beth :)

Hi everyone, very new newbie here waiting for further news on having a gastric bypass. I can't provide any more information on that yet other than I see my consultant in Derby again early October. When I first saw him in July, he suggested I had a bypass rather than a band. He gave waiting times etc., but I'm no further forward as he then said go away and promise me you will walk an hour a day. This I have done. It's been a long time considering I first saw my GP last October, she referred me to the Sleep Clinic and Dietician, subsequently they found I had sleep apnea and that appeared to hold things up. I now use a CPAP and manage quite well. I'm 57 years old and I'm hoping next time I see the Consultant I will feel a little more positive.

Anyway as I said my first post ... I have been lurking, looking at you all and reading your great posts and stories. Beth :)

Welcome to the forum hun! Now you've popped ya message-posting cherry I'm sure we'll see a lot more messages off you!! I have found this forum extremely helpful so hopefully you will do too!!

Why don't you start your own message and introduce yourself to the forum!! There may even be others in the same situation, aswell as a few other lurkers who might be encouraged to come out of the shadows!!!

Good luck hun!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Congrats hun although have told ya this in our phone chats, now i have come out of lurkville wanted to post.
Have a good weekend, soz cant buy your purple sofa for ya lmao :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Take care and have a good weekend xxxx

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Congrats hun although have told ya this in our phone chats, now i have come out of lurkville wanted to post.
Have a good weekend, soz cant buy your purple sofa for ya lmao :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Take care and have a good weekend xxxx

Hahaha thanks hun! The sofa started off as a bit of a joke but now I REALLY want it!!! If I had the money in my account then I would go and get it!!! It is so pretty!!!! Might head down and have a look tomorrow though.................

Good to see you out of lurksville hun!! DON'T GO BACK THERE AGAIN PLEASE!!! We miss you when you're hiding!!!

xxxx

Congratulations! Gives a lot of hope to a lot of people! All the best'o'luck'n'stuff!

Congratulations! Gives a lot of hope to a lot of people! All the best'o'luck'n'stuff!

Thanks hun! I was so excited but a bit nervous about putting it on here! I know some other people are having problems getting funding so I didn't want to offend anyone! It is an immense relief to hear that they have approved my funding and it truly does feel like a weight has been lifted!!

Meggie please don't feel you have offended I get excited for others when they get their funding. You have something to celebrate so don't be worried about doing so.

Brilliant news!! Thats the first and hardest hurdle over, hopefully it won't be long now till we see that ticker of yours going downwards.

I'm so pleased for you.

xx

Back