• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding at last !!!!!!!

smilergem

On my wl journey at last
Hello everyone, just wanted to share my bit of news with you all. I have today received a letter stating in black and white that I have my funding!!!:D.

It has taken nearly four years, and two applications being turned down, so maybe it was third time lucky!!!

Unfortunately, there now follows a long wait, to even get my first appointment with the surgeon, and then probably another 6 months for the assessment, and then another 4 - 5 months for surgery, so I probably won't be on the loser's bench until the end of the year :(:sigh: This is what I was told by the hospital, and I also have heard it from fellow members at my local Bospa group.

I shall be 53 years young in June, are there many others on this site who are around my age, as it would be fantastic to talk to you about your experience of the surgery.

Thanks to all the lovely people I have met already on here, and looking forward to hopefully receiving your help and support in the future xxxxxx;)

Congratulations. :)

Brilliant news Jan well done :D

Thats brilliant news Jan... I'm so pleased for you :)

Congratulations. The waiting is tough, I'm finding it hard going myself, but at least with the money side of things sorted you know you're on your way xx

sounds like you have FINALLY received news you have waited for, for so long. I am so happy for you! all the best xx

Fantastic news x

hi im from cornwall were in cornwall are you ??

if you got your funding this month then you should get a first appointment in the next 8 weeks i had my funding in 27th nov 09 and got my first appointment on the 10th feb also the first appointment can take 2 hours and if your lucky they mite do your pre-operative assessment clinic as well thats what it said on the letter from musgrove taunton if i was you give taunton a ring and see if they have you on there list dont just seat there get on the phone to them i did that from the start its only taken me 9 months from seeing the doc to having my first appointment :)

Thats fantastic news. I hope that the time flies over for you x

Great news-congratulations!

Delighted for you Jan! :D:D:D:D Well done for persevering.

Cuppa xx

Well done on getting the funding sorted.

Thanks again everyone, am so looking forward to finally getting the operation at long last and joining you all on the loser's bench xxxx

Back