• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding for east london patients

BlueDiamond

Hello there

i just thought i'd share with the people of east london that funding is not automatic as orginally stated...........i spoke to mr khoo secretary today to try and find out if there is a support group local etc....and she took the time to explain a bit about the procedure etc and what it entails ( which i thought was nice of her) and she said funding is not automatic and barking,dagenham and havering pct require you people to go to obesity clinic for several months before being referred for surgery, AM JUST LUCKY QUEENS has an internal obesity clinic as not many hosp do have em .....she was dead nice and helpful on the fone.

All the best - mejulie xx

hi julie, it may cause a slight delay in peoples ops, but the clinic is a good way to prepare patients for there ops and can be very beneficial to a patient and how they cope post op.
im glad you now have the correct information and you now know the process for your area xxx

Oh yes liz i agree............if it helps the patient then why not...........it was nice of her to volunteer the information, she was dead nice etc.....just a bit puzzled as to why 2 ppl i know of didnt have to attend the clinic................surely it should be one rule for all ................but am prepared to wait...after all wot else can one do (lol) me posh voice coming out here.

Thanks for posting

all the best - mejulie

hi julie, it may cause a slight delay in peoples ops, but the clinic is a good way to prepare patients for there ops and can be very beneficial to a patient and how they cope post op.
im glad you now have the correct information and you now know the process for your area xxx

Back