• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I found this about my Surgeon

BlueDiamond

Hi all thought I would share this with anyone if they are under the surgeon Mr Khoo @ Queens Hosp in Romford................Nice to know I be in safe hands (hopefully) x xx

All the best MeJulie x x

Trust News 2009
Surgeon is Cut Above The Rest
shim.gif

9th April 2009
A leading surgeon, based at Queen’s Hospital, has picked up a prestigious award.

David Khoo has been presented with the Silver Scalpel award for his ‘outstanding ability to teach and train’.

The gong comes from the Association of Surgeons in Training, and is decided by the country’s Chief Medical Officer, Sir Liam Donaldson.

It is an extremely hard-fought award, and Mr Khoo – a consultant surgeon and the Trust’s Clinical Director of Gastroenterology - was honoured at the Association of Surgeons in Training annual conference in Nottingham.

Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust has an extremely successful trainee surgeons programme which will be featured in a forthcoming television documentary series.

Mr Khoo takes a lead role in teaching trainee surgeons, and the judging panel were impressed by his ‘excellence in training’ and willingness to ‘seize every moment in the day to teach the holistics on surgical practice and the management of the surgical patient’.

Medical Director Yasmin Drabu said: “This is a very prestigious award which is well deserved. Mr Khoo is an extremely skilled surgeon.”

Back