• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding when you've got pre-cancer changes that would be helped by losing weight

My GP received the gynaecologist's letter, and has spoken with me about the situation. He's sent a letter to the weight loss service asking that things be expedited.

Fingers crossed I hear something soon!

An update. Or rather a non-date :( Despite my GP sending out a letter the day after he received the consultant's letter, there's been no response from the WMS to date. It has been 4.5 weeks since he sent out the letter. I called the surgery on Friday, and was told to call back Monday morning and talk with my GP's secretary to see if she can chase things up with the WMS.

I'm really frustrated and down about it all. The gynaecologist inserted a Mirena coil to try and slow the progression of the endometrial changes in early October. My period started as scheduled about a week and a half later. I've been bleeding now for over 4 weeks - not heavy, but bleeding. I talked to the nurse help line at the 2 week stage, they told me not to worry. I've got another call in to them since it has now been over a month.

So very frustrated, scared and disheartened by the entire situation right now.

not sure on your area but when my gp did my referral to the wls team they called me about 6 weeks after to say they had discussed it that i was eligible for wls then gave me my first 2 appointments dont be down hearted its a process they have to do and at least your in the system now of that process hopefully they will be in touch soon and goodluck

not sure on your area but when my gp did my referral to the wls team they called me about 6 weeks after to say they had discussed it that i was eligible for wls then gave me my first 2 appointments dont be down hearted its a process they have to do and at least your in the system now of that process hopefully they will be in touch soon and goodluck

I've been in the weight management service system for several months now, so the initial referral has been made.

The WMS just called me, and I've got an appointment for the second phase with them. The earliest they can refer me would be January, but she said my GP can refer outside of that, and they're sending him a letter to explain how.

My biggest fear now is the wait once I've been referred on, but we'll have to see how that goes.

Thanks for your response, maybe it was your well wishes that caused them to call tonight! ;)

Well, the WMS mostly let me down...(that's a story for me to tell / make complaints about post-op) but eventually I got there.

I've received my referral appointments at Salford Royal for next month.

Gulp. :eek:

Very real. More than a bit scary.

Another update. I've had my sleep apnea test, and psychological appointment. Don't know yet about the sleep test, and passed the psychological one. Next week: big all in one appointment where I meet the surgeon. I'm on the way, I think!

And a final update to the saga, I now have a date! Just under 3 weeks from now...gulp, so much to prepare!

Shell that's good news about your date! Hopefully that will help you with the other problems you are having xxx

Thank you, and fingers crossed it will also do the trick for my endometrial issues!

Congrats on the date try not to stress or worry about it just do things slow and steady and remember we are all here for you

Congrats on the date try not to stress or worry about it just do things slow and steady and remember we are all here for you

Thanks, and doing my best! :)

Back