• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

newbie - just got my funding !

starry

Hi
I have been lurking for ages and finally made the decision and went to my GP who was amazing and so supportive she referred me for funding which took 2 months and i got the Ok today !!! I have been told it is a 12 month wait for bypass surgery and this area is referred to St Richards in Chichester. cant believe this is going to happen - albeit in one year
the posts om here made me make the decision become informed and take the bull by the horns - so to speak !!!
thank you everyone

Hi starry and a big welcome!! Brilliant news about your funding it must be like all your christmas and birthdays have come a once. anything you want to know ask away! xx

Oooooh, well done on getting your funding!!! :D

Shaw did my RNY Gastric Bypass last month and his team at St Richards are brilliant... :)

The Chichester Suite is really nice, as well... the bay is lovely and the Nurses are so good at their job, you won't have to worry about a thing.

Any questions, just ask...

x

well done starry. I too have got mt funding but am having it done at hope in manchester. Just waiting for a date to see the psycologist and the surgon. Unfortunatly my neice has just had a breakdown and i have her children at the moment 4 & 5 so im not pushing for my appointment as last time she was in hospital for 3 months. Its amaizing how quickly yr priorities change.
I just hope that when my time comes my dr is as good looking as shaw. Lucky you.
HC

Great news Starry, and welcome to Mini's :)

12 months will fly by, although I know it probably doesn't feel like it right now!

Jump in, chat away and make yourself at home!

Welcome to Minis Starry and great news about your funding - you must be chuffed x

Hi Starry..........

Welcome, to mini's.............. I had my bypass on the 15 May...... so any questions feel free to ask

Hiya

Just wanted to say hello and congrats on receiving your funding xx

thanks everyone - I finally feel a light at the end of the tunnel.
I am 32 with 3 boys and a great fella.
Been overweight my entire life and now have high BP/sleep apnoea and type 2 diabetes and decided it had to change.

I have read all the diaries and I know it wont be easy but I have had 3 C - sections and I am not worried about the surgery part really - more about how you cope with the re educating of how your life has to change after.

I appreciate how lucky I have been with my GP a short wait and then gettign Shaw Somers. will keep you all informed of dates and stuff
Thanks
xxxx

Hi,
Congratulations of your funding Ibet you feel so happy. I got funding on the NHS for a FTT on 2 medical reasons and even then I had to fight for it, I feel like I've won the lottery but I feel sad and guilty for those ladies/men who are still battling for help from the NHS and don't get any help. I'm so pleased for you. keep us informed Take care
Trina xxxxx

I appreciate how lucky I have been getting Shaw Somers

Absolutely!!! :giggle:

Oh, Fat Doctor in an hour on Sky 264... not that I have it on Sky+ or series reminder :rolleyes: :D

x

PS isn't my editing of your quote shameless?!! Teehehe ;)

Hi Starry and Olsbols. I heard this week from my GP that funding has been approved for my surgery and I too am going to Chichester. Might I ask how long you had to wait between the funding being approved and your first appt with the consultant?

Fab news on your funding. I had the bypass done at the end of may any questions please don't hesitate to ask x

Excellent news on your funding Starry!

Once Christmas is over it will fly by until you operation!xxxx

Good luck with it all!xxxx

Hi Starry and Olsbols. I heard this week from my GP that funding has been approved for my surgery and I too am going to Chichester. Might I ask how long you had to wait between the funding being approved and your first appt with the consultant?

hi i hand not bypass but i live in chichester i was referred in october funding came thru about feb got first appointment in march then was banded last week but they do have huge lists so be patient the unit there is top class the staff are amazing i cannot think of one bad thing about them you couldnt be in better hands

Back