• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding???

malazak

I keep reading threads about funding and criteria problems which i find slightly annoying.
I think there should be a standard which the whole country lives up to its unfair for someone living potentially a town away from others to get this surgery, whereas the other gets turned down.

From day one on my journey i was not questioned about funding i had no forms to fill out no letters to write in fact it was never even mentioned.
I feel this should be the standard for all the country.If people need this surgery then they should be able to get it not get tied up in red tape only to be upset and demoralised.

Rant over

Ps this stems from a rather heated arguement i had with a mate who whilst sitting there drinking lager smoking a fag proceeded to tell me that fatty surgery as he called it was "out of order" and self inflicted things shouldnt be treated on the nhs.
Which i will remind him of should he ever get drink or smoking related issues

Never a truer word spoke Malazak. I have had the most traumatic day around this issue! As for the person who said fatty ops should not be allowed as self inflicted while drinking and smoking. What can I load of B******s. Suppose IGNORANCE is bliss.

Hi

I think comments like fatty ops should not be allowed are awful.

And very true Malazak funding should automatic, and yes please do remind your mate if he gets any drink or smoking related problems, because the same could be said of people who smoke and get cancer, we would be scorned if we said they can't get treatment on the NHS because it is self inflicted and smoking related

i cant ever remember a problem with funding, mine just seemed to develop automatically, in fact the only time i heard of funding, was when a woman at the multi clinic thing was going on about it. i asked prof ammori when do i apply and he said not to worry, i would be having my op. im with salford pct.

I had my op at Charing Cross and when I asked them what I had to do about funding, they told me that I didn't have to do a thing and I would definitely get it. By memory it was about three and a half months from referral to the day of op.

It's not fair that some people have to fight and struggle to get funding. However, I think it's only going to get worse from now on so I am doubly aware that I was extremely lucky to get my surgery done so quickly x

Charing cross also sorted my funding out and I had already been turned down 3 times by my local PCT even thou I well exceeded the criteria. I was told I had co mobidities (can't spell that) which were covered by N.I.C.E.

I think I was LUCKY!!!!! and the care at Charing cross is out standing!!!! Bless them all.

Back