• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gall Stone Update

Fat Again

I've finally had the results back from my scan and have been diagnosed with Chronic Gall Bladder Disease with several large stones in there.

My GP has told me that unless I have another attack they will not operate to remove the Gall Bladder, so fingers crossed I don't have one !

It has been put down to years of crash dieting, i.e. using The Cambridge Diet and Lighter Life, and not down to my bypass.

When I was a Cambridge Diet Counsellor we were told at training that this can be a side effect, but to keep it quiet as it could scare of potential customers.

I did lighter life and lost a load and then had terrible gall stones. Anyway cut a long story short i had an awful attack that lead to so much scarring (unknown to me or the docs at that time) that i got jaundice and was off for 6 weeks. Had to wait 6 months and then had the little bleeder out...never felt better once it went!

Hi there

How many attacks have you had??? I had mine out after 3 attacks and 4 weeks in hosp over a period of a year, but I was put on the waiting list for op on my 2nd attack and it was taken out sept 2009. All the best - MeJulie x x

I had mine taken out in November 2008, had so many attacks i lost count! Was awful as i didnt know what was wrong! Im not one for going to the doctors but forced myself to and at first was told that i had indigestion!!! Bloody idiot. Went back for second opinion after recommendation of the doctor that lives next door (he heard me retching and being sick and came round with his medical toolbox!) and had the op within a few months.

I pity anyone who has an attack as i dont think, unless you have had one, anyone realises just how painful and scary it is. xxxxx

Back