• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gall stones

hi all,
just after info on if youve had your gall stones removed before youve had the gastric bypass ? i read on a site where they liked to do this operation before they gave you the gastric bypass.
just asking i know each consultant is diffrent any help info

bigbeefybuilder

Hi I'm having my gallbladder removed as infected they won't to do the same time as my bypass (if I can wait that long) but only removing it as its causing problems. I don't think they just remove it for no reason. I could b wrong tho lol.

I developed gall stones 2 weeks post op but had to wait until I was under a bmi of 35 before they would take the b&@£?y thing out (18 months post op). I do wonder why they don't just take it out when they do the bypass as its a really common side effect of the op!!!

I had open surgery as they was going to remove my gallbladder at the same time as my bypass but they said it was ok so didn't, I'm not 20 weeks post op an keep getting a pain whenever I eat. Going to hospital tomorrow for an ultrasound on my gallbladder as they think I may have stones. Wish they would of just removed it when they had me open.

I have been given medication to take after my bypass to stop me from developing gallstones hopefully they will protect me

Back