• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gallbladder removal and sleeve

Mrs Noodles

I'm on the nhs waiting list to have my gallbladder out as I've got multiple gallstones and was really ill at Christmas as 2 of the stones ended up in my common bile duct, these were removed NYE by endoscopy.

I really want a gastric sleeve and I'm now wondering should I have both ops done at the same time privately, only problem is work won't know about the sleeve so I'll have to be off work recovering because of my gallbladder.

Has anyone else had them both done at the sometime, did your surgeon charge you extra? This is when I could really do with a bogof deal! :)

Mine were done separately, I think it would be pretty painful to have both done at once, just my opinion.

Thanks Niccie, I know the Prof will do it for an extra £1200.

I called me NHS surgeons secretary today who has said it's likely to be mid/end of April. Then I will have to wait at least 4 weeks until I can have the sleeve done.

That's what I did with my band I know it's a bit different but decided I'd sooner just have the one op rather than let the NHS take it out and then have another private op for the sleeve weeks after x

I am really tempted to get it removed at the same time. I've got my telephone consultation later this week and will discuss it then.

Yes I think so, he has an excellent reputation and the price is right X

He was my NHS surgeon he is good I just couldn't get the right price band to sleeve privately with him and he favoured me having a bypass which I wasn't keen on that's why I changed consultants although my new consultant was good as well and they actually both work at the spire where I went let us know when your booked up Xx

Back