• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gallbladder Vs WLS

Sarahmaria

Just wondering if anyones had both ops done and if so how did they compare in terms of pain/recovery time?

Thanks,

Sm

Xx

cant help, I've had Wls but on the waiting list for gallbladder removal :(

Hi there.... I've had both done but about 7 years apart. From what I remember they are probs quite similar. I maybe had more immediate pain with the gall bladder but I was only in hospital 2 nights with both. After the mini gastric bypass I was able to fly home from Belgium within 3 days of surgery and only really had pain for a few hours, after that it was discomfort only. I would say for both it was 3-4 weeks before I felt fully better if that helps. :)

Thanks guys

Hi I had my gallbladder out 37 years ago and it was the full works no key hole surgery then. I was in hospital for 10 days full scar right down the middle and the pain before and after was terrible, it took me months to recover. But this surgery was nothing compared to that. It might be the time I had it done I don't know, but this is the first time I've had key hole done.

Back