• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question for all you bypassers.

hopelesscase

Am i right in thinking that when you have a bypass they take your gallbladder out as part of the op.
Had any of you post opers had yours out prior to yr bypass and if so did any of you have surgical adesions does this make any difference to yr op or recovery.
I had my gall bladder out 20 yrs ago and at the time ended up with a much larger scar due to adesions from my appendix. I have a couple of adesions now and just wondering if they wil cause problems.

HC

Hiya

Not all surgeons take the gallbaldder out. only a few do. I didnt have mine taken out.
As for a issue with your old operation. it wont be a problem at all. 90% of bypasses are done laproscopic with 5 entry points and they will be away from old scar tissue.

But even if you have a full open operation they can cut old scars no problem.

So worry not

Mark

I had my gallbladder checked and apparently its clear so unless when they get in there they find something it wont be coming out, the consultant told me that if they need to take the Gallbladder out its done first, and if it leeks into the caviety they cannot do the bypass for a few months due to possible infection, so he pointed out how p***ed off i'd be if he woke me up to tell me they'd not done the bypass when i've built myself up for lift off. However if they do find something its normally a precautinary measure to take it out during and hopefully avoid leakage.
Sorry cant help with the adhesions question, ust hope i dont suffer with any !

Richard

Hi i didn't have my gall bladder out they said they didn'y often have to do it. I had mine done keyhole and the scars are tiny really not what i expected. may even be able to wear a bikini one day (HA HA) wishful thinking eh!!!!

Back