• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gallstones

BecksDaykin

Hey all

Hope ur all well x

I had an abdo scan last Monday and has shown up fatty liver and gallstones

I'm due to go in 17th Oct for a band. I'm now worrying myself sick in case any of these go against the banding :-(

Also I spoke to Dr Youseff yesterday about the gallstones and he said he's never know the surgeon to remove the gallbladder at the same time as WLSurgery. Has anyone had this done??

Thx in advance xx

im having my gall bladder removed with my bypass on the 28th love ,,i know some surgeons wait til after surgery to remove it though,but ive had severe probs with my gallbladder for 2 years and no one would remove it til i lost weight ,,,hence gall bladder and bypass together ,,,,i also had a fatty liver,as do most over weight people ,,,stick to your liver diet and all should be ok,they wouldnt start to do this op if they didnt think you could go through with it ,,,,i worry to about my liver but my surgeon is the expert and he tells me to do the liver diet to the T ,and leave the rest to him! ,,good luck love and try not to worry xxxx

Hi Becks,

I have fatty liver and my bypass went ahead, as for gallstones I am not sure and havent heard of anyone in here having had their gall bladder removed during band/bypass/sleeve op but, I am sure someone will be along to contradict me (hopefully anyway ) :D
Good luck hun. x

Becks!!!!

What did I just say??? LOL :D x

starr said:
im having my gall bladder removed with my bypass on the 28th love ,,i know some surgeons wait til after surgery to remove it though,but ive had severe probs with my gallbladder for 2 years and no one would remove it til i lost weight ,,,hence gall bladder and bypass together ,,,,i also had a fatty liver,as do most over weight people ,,,stick to your liver diet and all should be ok,they wouldnt start to do this op if they didnt think you could go through with it ,,,,i worry to about my liver but my surgeon is the expert and he tells me to do the liver diet to the T ,and leave the rest to him! ,,good luck love and try not to worry xxxx

Oooooooo good luck with ur new beginnings x I do have quite frequent attacks and he said to speak to surgeon on the day..think that's leaving it a bit late, but they do know better!

peterborough guy had his out , hel beable to tell you more ,,lol minxy ,ya doing great ,hows the hand? hope your ok xxx

Hi Starr,

My hand is aching a lot and now waiting to have ligament graft surgery because the ligaments were to damaged to repair at my first surgery. Have a brace on which reduces the strain and hopefully any more damage but am on wait list for a cancellation or a date in consultants November surgery list. Will be in a cast for 6 weeks, a brace and physio for some time after. I just hope the second lot of surgery works. Keeping an open mind about it and try not to think too much about the surgery itself. Thank you for asking though, it appreciate it :) xx

your welcome love , last thing you need after wls is to be having more surgery,takes the thrill out of the weight loss, but am wishing you well love and great to see the weight coming off , well done x hope me and becks will do as well as you soon , xxxxxxxxxx

Starr,

You will do better than me, my loss is slow at approx 2lb a week but I dont want to be loosing great amounts in a short time. At my age (54) I will look like a melted candle with all my loose skin and if I am honest with myself I dont want the added tummy/body tuck surgery along with my hand surgery. So, hopefully my weight loss wont leave too much loose skin that I will be begging a tummy tuck. xx

Hi Becksdaykin,
I am having a sleeve (probably!) done at the Luton & Dunstable. I have suffered with gallstones every couple of years for the past 15 years but no-one has wanted to operate because of my weight. I have an appointment with the surgeon on 4th October but the doctor and nurse I have seen have both said that he will probably take my gallbladder out at the same time.

Hi Becksdaykin,
I am having a sleeve (probably!) done at the Luton & Dunstable. I have suffered with gallstones every couple of years for the past 15 years but no-one has wanted to operate because of my weight. I have an appointment with the surgeon on 4th October but the doctor and nurse I have seen have both said that he will probably take my gallbladder out at the same time.

good luck with ur op x when i got my date last week he said i havent enough time to see surgeon now so to mention it to him on the day!!

I have had problems with gall stones and asked surgeon if he would remove gall bladder during op and he said no, as it means more incision sites and higher risks. He would rather do a simple day case op when the weight is lost. So just hope it dosen cause me to much pain. Good luck am xx

amg said:
I have had problems with gall stones and asked surgeon if he would remove gall bladder during op and he said no, as it means more incision sites and higher risks. He would rather do a simple day case op when the weight is lost. So just hope it dosen cause me to much pain. Good luck am xx

Hi Hun

That's stupid! I'd rather have another incision than another anaesthetic and more surgery! Oh well..they know better I guess.

Good luck hope they don't give u too much grief x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Becks,
I have had problems with gallstones some years ago but changed my food items and since had no problems.
However , I mentioned this to Mr Balupuri from S.R.H at my endoscopy last month and he suggested removing the gallbladder at the same time as the bypass as if there was a history of gallstones this would almost certainly return after a bypass.
They will be taking mine out whilst the bypass is being done.

Back