• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gas after bypass help

mammyjuls1979

Hi has anyone had bypass and could they tell me what they took into hospital to help with the pain of gas after op as I am going in June and been told the gas pain is bad so would like to take some think in to help me xxx

Hi has anyone had bypass and could they tell me what they took into hospital to help with the pain of gas after op as I am going in June and been told the gas pain is bad so would like to take some think in to help me xxx

Hi mammyjuls, after my bypass in January I went down late afternoon and early hours got the wind pain so walked around. Seemed to get rid of it. If not the nurse gave me peppermint water. Just a couple of ideas that helped mine . It will all be worth it Good luck X

Hiya all I can really recommend is to listen to the nurses, they know what they are talking about. I had really awful wind. Move around as soon as you can contort your body to try and move it regular walks round the ward lifting legs up high and try to stay off too much drugs. You won't feel like moving but do it!

Ok thank you yes I will get up and moving as soon as I can I am hoping to be up and moving quickly I hate just sitting down lol

Back