• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon

twinladyuk

Hi, my name is Karen and I had a BIB Gastric balloon inserted on Monday. I was wondering if there was any one here that could give me some insight on what to expect and the best ways to deal with it. I have been overweight all my life and now at 35 I need to take drastic action. I suffer from PCOS and have joint pain due to my weight.
Thank you in advance

Kxxx

Hi Karen,

Well done you for taking the plunge! I'm a bypass-er so can't help with practical advice sorry. How did you find having it inserted? A friend of mine is interested in the balloon so I'm interested to know what it was like :)

shel

hi k im sorry but ive had the bypass a year ago but i wish u luck on ur journey, i also have pcos and it does get easier as u lose weight, some months i dont lose with it but it soon starts to shift again good luck xxx

hi karen, sorry yet another bypasser! I looked into having ballon but decided on the later, Have not heard of anyone else having it done and would love to hear more about it.

Thanks for your replies! I decided on the balloon as it was non surgical and comes out after 6 months. The actual process was hard as I was awake (albeit sedated) but was aware of everything they were doing and how much I was gagging. Since surgery I have been very lucky in terms of nausea but the stomach cramps have been so bad that I have had to change and up my meds. I have not been able to work or care for my kids since surgery and have at times doubted my decicion and although I am feeling more my self today I am still very ucomfortable.

Hopfully I am over the worst now and things start improving asap!

Kxxx

Hiya Twinlady

I am having a gastric balloon inserted next week, how long was it before you felt it settle down and how has your weight loss been to date, what date did you have the balloon done.

do you regret it.

thanks

dragon x

Hi dragon!
I had my balloon fitted last Monday 16th June. I would say that it took me a good week for the balloon settled down. I was only sick on the day after the balloon but I had dreadful stomach cramps which in the end needed additional meds.
Do I regret it - no deff not. I needed something more than dieting alone and I did not feel that an invasive procedure was for me. I have lost 7lb in my 1st week and am now on phase 1 of the programme.
Where are you having your balloon fitted? Good luck!

Kxxx

balloon

Hi

I am going to prague to have it done, you seem to have done well and i hope i go the same way, I am going on my own and looking forward to it, what is phase 1 of the programme and thanks for your quick response.

Dragon x

Hi dragon

I am under the National Gastric balloon Centre and am now following their 3-phase eating plan. I don't know if every clinic offers this and it basically is - NO carbohydrates. I massively overdid it yesterday - and also overate - and it has set me back about a week (didn't really enjoy the eating that much so it definitely wasn't at all worth it). Good luck in Prague and keep me posted on your progress. So far lost 12lbs in 11 days.

K xxx

put it behind you and move on :) you've done fantastically well so far and you can carry on doing so well!

remember what they say, nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

wow 12 pounds in 11 days, i wish, are your cramps and pains gone now, i am eating to my hearts content until 7pm monday then i have to be a good girl i am having it done tuesday morning then i fly home wednesday, will let you know how i get on

dragonx

Thanks for the encouragement Shelbel! It really is hard and I do look at what my kids are eating and wish....but then I would be the size I am forever!!! It would be easier if my sister and mum were more supportive but my hubby is behind me 100%.
Dragon - good luck and I'll be thinking of you. Keep me posted.

Kxxx

hi glad to hear of ypour experiences.My husband has agreed to me having the balloon inserted.Can't wait.
xxxxx

hi im glad all is going ok with u now well at least settling down a bit, keep us posted with it all take care xxx

Thanks for all replies and encouragement! Today is probably the 1st day that I feel like me again - but 1 stome less! Still a bit crampy but this I can live with! Gunni, good luck let me know when you are having your balloon.
Dragon - any news, are you home yet and how do you feel?

Kxxx

I read about the balloon, but you are the first person I have 'met' who has had it done. Well done on your loss to date, and looking forward to sharing your journey with you :)

Hi
Well done on the weight loss xx

Well we are now nearly 3 weeks post surgery and I must say that I feel really well. I have lost 1 stone 3 lb and I can now feel and see the difference. I still get the odd cramp but it doesn't effect my life and I also get a bit of acid reflux. A small price to pay for the weight loss!
Dragon - how are you getting along?
Thanks for all the encouragement ladies - good to know I have so much support!

Kxxx

Brilliant weight loss K, you must be thrilled. Well done!!

Back