• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon

thats a great result so far, well done! Stay strong and positive x

HI ALL, SO GLAD YOU ARE FELLING MORE YOURSELF TWIN, WELL HERE IS MY STORY SO FAR.

i ARRIVED IN PRAGUE (ON MY OWN) MONDAY TEA TIME AND WAS TAKEN TO AN APARTMENT WAS SHOWN AROUND ALL VERY NICE THEN TOLD I WOULD BE PICKED UP TUESDAY AT 8.30AM I WAS THEN TAKEN TO A CLINIC/HOSPITAL ON ARRIVAL I HAD BLOOD TESTS THEN HAD TO WAIT FOR THE RESULTS BEFORE THE BALLOON COULD BE INSERTED, THE (sorry its in caps only just realised) i was told my colesteral was a little high and my liver count was (i dont drink so will be going to my docs next week, at this point i feel a bit of a demic) i had, had a cannulla put in early on so through this they put the anti sickness medicine through it first, (they had explained the what and wherefores of the camera up my nose and into my stomach and the balloon insertion before the medicine was put in) my throat was sprayed with local anisthetic and then i was sedated, everything happened so quickly i remember being sick but it was all over and i was walking back to my room.

I was sick loads and could not hold a drink down and the next day i was coming home, the nurses was lovely though and was concerned about my going home but my flight was booked and i just wanted to come home, i made it home feeling proper poorly.

4 days after the balloon, i have lost 13 pounds (I weighed 12 stone 4 last sunday and now weigh 11 stone 5), i am eating very small quantities of soups and yoghurt i havent been sick once today woo hoo, my problem at the moment it heartburn and nothing is working that i can get at the chemist. sorry if it all sounds rambling this is the first time i have been on the computer since i went away and i am not fully up to scratch yet, any questions any one has please feel free i dont mind. xxx

Also when the doc was in my stomach she took a swab and i have the bacteria in there than can cause ulcers they gave me three lots of antibiotics to start taking on monday and this should kill whatever is lurking in there lol, (perhaps i should have saved my money for my funeral lol)

Hi dragon

Sounds like you really have been through the mill. Hope you feel better really soon. I found that bucustem really helped with the nausea and I found that clear soup also helped. You will begin to feel better each day. I am now 3 weeks post insertion and I feel back to my old self. I am also not feeling crampy so much after food and actually had my in laws for lunch yesterday. I'm quite bloated today but it is my time of the month so that answers that one!
Thinking of you and glad that I'm not alone on this journey - although I do have a lot more weight to loose than you!

Kxxx

Thanks for this thread twinladyuk, i am thinking of having a balloon, so it's very interesting to hear how you are doing. How much have you lost now? In how long? And how much are you able to eat now?

heliobacter pylori dragonkhan :D just one of those useless bits of information in my head.

heliobacter pylori dragonkhan :D just one of those useless bits of information in my head.

Lol thanks for that, now please try and work out my liver problem, i dont drink, dont smoke, never ever ever done drugs unless chocolate and sweeties and cake and biscuits cause damage lol.

I am feeling so much better today, no heartburn and my trousers are loose when i couldnt fasten them last time i tried them on, glad to hear you are doing well twin and thankyou becky, speak soon xxxx

sometimes our organs just go a bit skewy, it doesn't have to be alcohol related. My kidneys only function at 80% of normal, but I have never done anything to cause it, it's just the way I am :) Don't feel the need to find a reason, just feel the need to find the solution

Just want to say well done for going for it it takes lots of courage to go for surgery of any kind and its done i suppose after years of trying to reduce and ending up very distressed and as a drastic resort.

I imagine you also have to do lots of head work as the problems that we try to resolve by eating more than our bodies need have got to be addressed otherwise the problem of over eating will come back after ballon or band released or what ever the terminolgy is.
I am speaking for myself really i shouldnt presume every one is like me.

Does any body remember the time when people were having there jaws wired up to stop them over eating ? Not sure of that time span but can remember thinking at the time how strange/ bizzare now i can understand it.

Think i will go for the lighter life program as i do have to work on lots of head issues.

Dieting is easy .......... doing it is hard
lots of love to all on the journey:vibes:

dragon...did they say what was elevated in your liver results...some results can be raised in the liver purely due to being overweight & should resolve as you lose it on their own

dragon...did they say what was elevated in your liver results...some results can be raised in the liver purely due to being overweight & should resolve as you lose it on their own

No Claire, they just told me to see my gp, i will do soon i dont feel there is a great rush to do so and i havent told him about the balloon yet, i will in a couple of weeks.

Dragon x

Why wait? The only reason to wait is fear and you are too strong a person to give into fear! Make the appointment and get things sorted out. Atleast then you can stop worrying about things and deal with them instead.

I agree with Shelbel dragon! Have you been to the dr yet? How are you feeling now? I am doing well. I have lost 1.5 stone and feeling sooooo much better. I've got a hard couple of weeks ahead as my hubby is going away for 2 weeks tomorrow and leaving me with our 3 (georgous but excitable) kids! Hopefully on his return he will see a big difference in my size!
Kxxx

Well done on your loss so far, and here's hoping things go well and your husband gets a shock when he gets home :D

hiya twin, no i havent been to the docs yet (i did have a good reason not to go before) its all clear now and i will make my appointment tomorrow, i havent weighed myself since the last weigh in because i dont feel any different since then, perhaps its because of the terrible bloating i get then the cramps (any ideas for me would be gratefully recieved) i have been sick quite bad when the bloating and cramps :sigh: are at their worst and its mainly liquid coming back, lots of it, i cant work out why its not going through me quicker my urine output is quite small :tear_drop: :confused: could the balloon be too big for my stomach, i will discuss this with the doc anyway, also i have had no follow up calls from the folk who did it so i will email them.

Well done twin on your weight loss so far and your hubby will notice the difference when he gets home and thank you shel for your concern.

dragon xxxxxxx

Hi dragon. I found that eating a few mouthfuls every hour or so really helped with the cramps and sipping water for the sickness. I still get the liquid coming back up quite often but it is easing now. The 1st 10 days/2 weeks were hard and each day got better. Hope its the same for you. Keep me posted on the dr and let me know what he says.
Kxxx

Well we are now at 4 weeks and 3 days post surgery and I have lost 22lb!! I feel good and for the 1st time ever I am not ruled by what is going in my mouth!
How are you doing dragon? Are you feeling better? Hope so and stay in touch.
Kxxx

great result, well done, you must be sooo pleased xx

Well done K, thats great :)

Back