• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band and trying to get pregnant ?

sandycat71

Hello,

I've had a gatric band operation nearly 2 years ago. I've lost just over 5 and half stone and still going !!! My Partner and i have been trying for a baby. Has anyone else managed this with a gastric band ? Am now 40yrs old and feel like my last chance, please can anybody help ?

Thank You:):)

salski

I guess it all depends on you hun - what weight you have left to lose, your age, fitness etc. If your struggling - see your GP. I got down to 11 stone and got pregnant within a week, but Im a bypasser not a bander x

Sarah Metcalf

Hi I know of 1 lady (off the top of my head) on here who lost 7 stone with the help of a band, and then got pregnant, she has just returned to the forum, I think her name is moochymoo.
Keep posting, and when you've enough posts you can view the pregnancy forum. I hope this helps and good luck xx

DaisyMaesy

Hi Sandycat
DOn't know about your query but welcome to this wonderful site. On the green lines at the top of the page there is a button called UCP - User Control Panel. This is where you can fill in some details about yourself and if you post 50 times it will allow you more access to the forum, where you can see piccies and read diaries which are all very inspiring and in your case the pregnancy threads. To get you going with posting there are a couple of word association games and also a kill a word game where you have to replace one word with another.
Anyway, once again welcome to the site and most of all enjoy it, we are here to help and support